account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

shs
Adviser
Message 101 of 163
Message 101 of 163

Re: Double tap to wake and fingerprint gesture xzp android 8

Yes These are very functional and useful and the lack of them is annoying!!

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 102 of 163
Message 102 of 163

Re: I want and i need double tap to wake

Sony, I just got a zx1 compact to upgrade my x compact. It's awful that this feature was not retained. 

One time poster
Message 103 of 163
Message 103 of 163

if it really bothers you, you can just buy a roxfit urban slim case for it like i have. After using a xiaomi mi5 with tap to wake , its hard going back to the old ways lol, plus less pressing on physical buttons, the longer the hardware lasts! Winking Face

One time poster
Message 104 of 163
Message 104 of 163

Double tap to wake - is a must!!

When you use the phone daly at work, it is wery wery usfull.

If I new this function was not on my new Sony, I would have

baught some other product. But I like Sony products, and couldnt

even imagin that this function was disabled....

Message 105 of 163
Message 105 of 163

This has been mentioned before by someone else and I do the same thing and it works quite well.

I use Wave Up to activate the screen and I use the setting that uses the most waves of the hand. You can use less if you like.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jarsilio.android.waveup&hl=en

This takes the place of DTTW.

I use Nova Prime as my launcher on all phones and it has DTTL (double tap to lock) built in so I am basically accomplishing the same thing. There are two settings in Nova on how you want the device to lock when you double tap. Try both options and see which one you like best.

One time poster
Message 106 of 163
Message 106 of 163

Wake up

Hi anyone know if this device will get double tap to wake up screen such a good feature. Shame it is not available

Rookie
Message 107 of 163
Message 107 of 163

Re: Why cancelled Double tap to wake up and sleep screen on XZs and Premium?

Unfortunately, Sony is one of the companies around the world that is not relying so much to the feedback of customers such h as Samsung but they rely to the swift technology they are showing in their products. The double tap feature is an example.

I moved from LG to Xperia which I loved during Sony-Ericsson joint venture which has sadly is not worked although Ericsson had a very genius engineers similar as HTC but it seems like Sony depends on the new Technology still instead of the customers feedback.

The limited customization of Sony must give the company to insert the basic requirements useful features such as double tap.

The system tests in Sony looks coming very fast with issues. 

I wish Sony take a little more time on the customers feedback before introducing new product. 

Apprentice
Message 108 of 163
Message 108 of 163

Double tap to sleep/wake screen

Hey guys, 

Are you planning to bring double tap to sleep or wake functions in the Xperia home launcher?

One time poster
Message 109 of 163
Message 109 of 163

Re: Why cancelled Double tap to wake up and sleep screen on XZs and Premium?

There are actually serious drawbacks with 2T2W..

The whole touch panel have to be turned on all the time and is battery consumer.

Many objets or even the skin through the pocket can trigger the screen to wake up, light it, waste more battery, pull down the notification panel and even start to change settings or call ICE numbers.

Unless you use both your hands, you can drop the phone going from double tap to the fingerprint scanner (which you have to reach anyway if you want to unlock).

Now it's still possible to get home long touch / double tap to sleep that don't have any of those disadvantage, and if you root the phone you can even assign a key / gesture to turn on the screen. And don't be envious of the always on feature, price is around 1% energy per hour, near the quarter of your daily full battery life! :-(

Enthusiast
Message 110 of 163
Message 110 of 163

Re: Double tap to sleep/wake screen

It will never happen, I know it for SURE from a trustworthy Sony source. 😉

Get used to never having double tap on XZ.