account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

One time poster
Message 81 of 163
Message 81 of 163

I want and i need double tap to wake

I hope Sony can add double tap to wake

Message 82 of 163
Message 82 of 163

Re: I want and i need double tap to wake

Im waiting for it too... 

Sony XZ Premium,Samsung S9 Plus and iPhone X.
MDR-Z1R,ATH-MSR7 and V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 83 of 163
Message 83 of 163

Re: Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

Please Bring the option back to the XZ Premium.

I am so used to using it on on my previous Xperia Z3.

Talent
Message 84 of 163
Message 84 of 163

Double tap and volume scrolling bar under brightness. It s really annoying to use volume buttons... 

Message 85 of 163
Message 85 of 163

Erm for volume i use slider widgets(i have OCD) so yeah it works. 

Sony XZ Premium,Samsung S9 Plus and iPhone X.
MDR-Z1R,ATH-MSR7 and V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.
Apprentice
Message 86 of 163
Message 86 of 163

Hi,

do you have a name of app, please? We mean like to be able to double tap to wake up the device, not only to slide and adjust the volume lvl, etc... Do you really have app for waking up the device or just sliders for adjusting volume lvl? If app, please share 8)

Apprentice
Message 87 of 163
Message 87 of 163

I have this phone since mid June, and the first thing I noticed is the lack of DT2W feature that a used in my old z3. 

At first I thought *poor me* sony has simply forgotten, and was REALLY hoping and believing that with a nearly update they were going to put it again, so I didn't care too much and didn't complain in any forum about it.

But now im reading that Sony isn't even thinking in adding it again, and I simply can't understand it. I mean, like, it seems a bit *very* silly desicion. And I can bet there are other people like me who didn't complain (explained above)  and (the reason I did it 3 months since I got the xzp).

There are other things that annoyed me with the SO. 

Album app not being installed, only the cr*ppy google photos, in wich when I intented to watch any 960 fps video I made, (one of the selling Points of the device) the app started to lag, then freezes and force closes EVERY SINGLE TIME (not exaggerating) 

That doesn't even has sense. Had to download the album app apk from google. 

Talent
Message 88 of 163
Message 88 of 163

Re: I want and i need double tap to wake

Genius
Message 89 of 163
Message 89 of 163

@Franbelic wrote:

I have this phone since mid June, and the first thing I noticed is the lack of DT2W feature that a used in my old z3. 

At first I thought *poor me* sony has simply forgotten, and was REALLY hoping and believing that with a nearly update they were going to put it again, so I didn't care too much and didn't complain in any forum about it.

But now im reading that Sony isn't even thinking in adding it again, and I simply can't understand it. I mean, like, it seems a bit *very* silly desicion. And I can bet there are other people like me who didn't complain (explained above)  and (the reason I did it 3 months since I got the xzp).

There are other things that annoyed me with the SO. 

Album app not being installed, only the cr*ppy google photos, in wich when I intented to watch any 960 fps video I made, (one of the selling Points of the device) the app started to lag, then freezes and force closes EVERY SINGLE TIME (not exaggerating) 

That doesn't even has sense. Had to download the album app apk from google. 

@Franbelic that is a different issue, please follow the topic of this thread. If your phone is lacking some vital Sony Xperia's apps please backup all your data and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. That will install all the missing Xperia original apps.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Regular
Message 90 of 163
Message 90 of 163

Do Sony read this problems?? I need this function and it is very useful for me, please bring it back , thank you.