account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

Message 11 of 163
Message 11 of 163

Re: Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

Actually shipped today 5/31/17 and scheduled to receive it tomorrow morning! YayGrinning Face with smiling Eyes

Commissioner
Message 12 of 163
Message 12 of 163

Double tap to wake and sleep are not possible =(

Message 13 of 163
Message 13 of 163

It will be possible tap to wake/to sleep by older/newer sony launcher http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/04/26/xperia-home-beta-10-2-a-3-0-adds-new-wallpaper-picker/

Veteran
Message 14 of 163
Message 14 of 163

I still need to wait for mine!  Crying Face

Highlighted
Message 15 of 163
Message 15 of 163

Unfortunately both of these options (tap to wake and tap to sleep) are not available on XZP and XZS.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 16 of 163
Message 16 of 163

@Dreagereer no you can't install those on XZP

Talent
Message 17 of 163
Message 17 of 163

It's so sad, that it is disabled, now you'll never see the lockscreen...

Does anyone know if it will return?

Learner
Message 18 of 163
Message 18 of 163

It seems like some people think it will and others think it won't. I really hope they do, I just spent half an hour trawling my settings trying to find this before Google give me a massive blow by telling me it's not possible. I've just upgraded from my Sony Xperia Z5 Premium to the XZ Premium... (some might consider that a downgrade but that another debate!!) and it's the ONE thing that has really bugged me. 

Learner
Message 19 of 163
Message 19 of 163

I miss the double tap maneuver, and still find myself tapping out of habit, but I will say the fingerprint sensor is vastly improved on the XZP, and its boot time & wake from sleep is so speedy. Double tap is handy

when the phone is resting on a table and I want to quickly check a notification. There are features I miss more than this: i.e. FM radio & MHL connection

Regular
Message 20 of 163
Message 20 of 163

It's all up to us.If we show in numbers that we really would appreciate it back on ZX premium than i'm almost sure they will add it in a update.That's also something one Developer told me today.So hype for Double Tap :smileysmileythumbsup: Remote