account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 163
Message 1 of 163

Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

Hello,

Just want to know if the XZ premium will support Double Tap to wake up?because Tap to wake up is not supported in Xperia XZs unfortunately...

162 REPLIES 162
One time poster
Message 2 of 163
Message 2 of 163

Re: Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

I want to know too:smileysmileythumbsup:

Highlighted
Talent
Message 3 of 163
Message 3 of 163

Hi, I think yes.

Visitor
Message 4 of 163
Message 4 of 163

I just bought a Xperia XZ Premium few days ago, unfortunately, it does not support Double tap to wake up.  I think from XZs generation SONY cancelled this important feature which is a pity.

Visitor
Message 5 of 163
Message 5 of 163

Why cancelled Double tap to wake up and sleep screen on XZs and Premium?

Why cancelled Double tap to wake up and sleep screen on XZs and Premium?

This is very basic function on most of Android phone even on some phones from second or third tier  brand. Not to say some other phones can set tap or slide to become other functions.

My XZ has this function and works perfect. Don't know why they are cancelled.

If it's related to power consumptionI think current setting on XZ is resonable. Customer can set to disable or active this function. People choose their preffered setting. Win-win for both.

I really really hope this function comming back to Xperia XZ Prmium. It will make my XZ Premium a perfect phone. Please... and thank you.

Regular
Message 6 of 163
Message 6 of 163

Re: Why cancelled Double tap to wake up and sleep screen on XZs and Premium?

I think  Double tap to wake up is a wonderful fuction!  strongly suggest activing it ASAP!

^_^
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 163
Message 7 of 163

I agree that it's a really basic function that was bugged since Xperia XZ and now being cancelled for XZs and XZ Premium.

Other brands has this very basic function and they work flawlessly. I don't understand why SONY couldn't get this to work. 

Other brands even has screen off jestures. They are sometimes useful too. Ex. Drawing on the screen to turn flashlight while the screen is off.

Please continue this feature and fix it.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 163
Message 8 of 163

Where can I buy the Sony Xperia XZ Premium I'm in San Antonio TX

Message 9 of 163
Message 9 of 163

I'm in Spring Texas. I pre-ordered from http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/

Supposed to ship on Friday. I saved money on tax, will receive a free gift, and the fingerprint sensor will work.

Sage
Message 10 of 163
Message 10 of 163

Double tap is quite useful. I was considering to buy an XP Premium for my wife but I'll wait to see if Sony will reenable it.