account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Xperia XZ Premium support Project Treble?

Talent
Message 21 of 29
Message 21 of 29

Re: Will Xperia XZ Premium support Project Treble?

Hi, we need, doble tap and options displays 

1080 p

Normal mode

1080 p 120 hz.

Thanks.

Learner
Message 22 of 29
Message 22 of 29

It has been announced that the Essential phone is getting Project Treble support. Even though it doesn't currently support it. So if they can do it then there are no real excuses for sony not to do so.

Message 23 of 29
Message 23 of 29

There are no excuses for any OEM not to do it other than they do not want to put in the necessary work to accomplish it! It takes people and time and money to work out all the details. Then they have to push out a major update to your phone that could...if something went wrong...turn your pretty premium device into a shiny slab of useless glass and metal!

The way people in general complain now about not having double tap to wake, or not having the newest dialer...which by the way ADDS NOTHING NEW that the old dialer does not do, just a different swipe direction...I can hear the screams now if your phone is bricked from trying to implement Treble. Anguished Face Angry Face

Treble will not really benefit us..it benefits the developers and programmers possibly making it easier and faster to provide regular updates...it does not mean that there will no longer be any bugs in the code. Right now Sony is one of the fastest in providing updates next to the Google Pixels. What more can we really ask for? I just want it to work...I don't care how it is partitioned.

Inhabitant
Message 24 of 29
Message 24 of 29

What you write is right. Still, you cant deny that implementing Treble would be a nice gesture, proofing future updates for the device... And I think that if Sony devs would want to implement it, they would be able to do it without XZP devices bricking! There are many quality assurances in the process of a software update, that assure that this does not happen. And given the fact that the XZP is almost equal to the XZ1 and XZ1C, which both have treble, it makes Sony look a bit lazy.

Nevertheless, as you mentioned, the updates from Sony are crazily fast and I really like Xperia software. If they could just make the devices support Camera2Api........

Apprentice
Message 25 of 29
Message 25 of 29

What updates? Sinds oreo no update here! Security update also no! Very bad i think! Ik think the Phone is perfect but the lack of security updates is my reason not to choose Sony again! 

Message 26 of 29
Message 26 of 29

@Mdk75after the Android Oreo update there have been two monthly updates, bringing November and December security patches. the availability might vary depending on your region and carrier, though.

Talent
Message 27 of 29
Message 27 of 29

sony is the first to update haha, where will you go? to xamxung lag 7.1?

Inhabitant
Message 28 of 29
Message 28 of 29

The only thing I want is Sony upgrade xzp camera more, i get xz premium because its camera. It still capable more than this. So much room to improve and outplay other company phone.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 29 of 29
Message 29 of 29

We are now on Android Pie 9, if you are reading this. My XZ Premium is on 47.2.A.4.41 Xperia Software version. It makes me worried of the outlook of my device if this will not proceed with Project Treble. I was looking forward to the future support when it was announced back in 2017 yet why the sudden change of heart? Here's to hoping Sony will listen to us or otherwise this website is useless.