account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Learner
Message 21 of 346
Message 21 of 346

Re: WiFi drop and no reconnect possible

Exactly the same thing on my XZP. 

Router is running both GHz as other devices, Soundbar, Z5 compact, x compact, ipad are connected and are fine. Same situation on 3 other WiFis at work. 

Battery usage of 60/70% and a runtime of 30 days and growing every hour, in the WiFi details.

Getting x on my connected WiFi and have to reconnect. 

This is awful. 

Learner
Message 22 of 346
Message 22 of 346

Screenshot_20170608-165013.png

Screenshot_20170608-165007.png

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 346
Message 23 of 346

Same problem here. After a few hours staying connected. WiFi stops getting Internet access. 

Any fixes? 

One time poster
Message 24 of 346
Message 24 of 346

Screenshot_20170611-164214.png

I have also been experiencing the same issue of the WiFi dropping and being unable to reconnect. This issue appears to only happen on 5ghz networks and not on 2.5ghz networks. I have also been experiencing the battery drain and wonky WiFi usage stats. I'm not sure if these two issues are connected but the WiFi battery drain and WiFi issues are a big bummer on this phone. Screenshot_20170611-143543.png

Adept
Message 25 of 346
Message 25 of 346

I had over 330 days WiFi activ....

Without a reproduceable reason this is now gone. WiFi is stable and also the stats are clean. Yesterday a get 6 hours SOT - never had a device with so good perfomance.

But I would know, why the WiFi is so cray. It must be a software bug

Message 26 of 346
Message 26 of 346

I noticed yesterday after a reboot that the time went from 27 days down to about 7 hours. The time was still too high and way off but much better. Clearly there is a bug of some sort with this counter. However, I am having no issues at all with wifi so far.

Talent
Message 27 of 346
Message 27 of 346

I would have hoped a little bit more cooperation from the developers. Or at least a 'we're looking into it' statement. As this WiFi problem is really getting annoying I did some verbose logging in android itself. Hope these screenshots help out. Phones are on my desk, sitting straight next to eachother. Around 6-7 meters away from the access point. There's a (thin) wall in between.

XZP:

XZP.png

Z2:

Z2.png

Adept
Message 28 of 346
Message 28 of 346

Annoying is not the real description for this..... Slightly frowning Face

But yesterday it was ok on my XZP. And today again the same: Huge amount of WiFi on-time (more than the device is up) and battery draining faster.

@Sony: It seems, that is not a small problem or that one or two users are complaining about this. Please take a seriously investigation on this issue.

Learner
Message 29 of 346
Message 29 of 346

Mine does this often, sometimes drops and won't reconnect and sometimes tells me there are no networks to connect to.

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 346
Message 30 of 346

Yeah actually I'm waiting for developers to investigate this issue,too