account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 251 of 346
Message 251 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

my phone is now on 47.1.A.12.75, but I still have this problem

Message 252 of 346
Message 252 of 346

Yep. I gave up, and returned my phone. The warranty replacement works perfectly. My understanding is that it is a common hardware fault with one of the WiFi antennas, as the phone has two. Depending which is the faulty one determines if the software update improves the problem or not, as it seems to change the priority assigned to each antenna. My advice is to replace the phone. I had to fight to get mine swapped over, but I'm very glad I did. I have had no trouble with the new phone.

Message 253 of 346
Message 253 of 346

Are not they going to fix that, huh? So expensive a phone with a youthful problem, after all is a problem of hardware or software? If not correct with update I trigger the guarantee

One time poster
Message 254 of 346
Message 254 of 346

Hi,

This happens too often with Build number 47.1.A.12.75

When will it be fixed please?

Thanks

M

Enthusiast
Message 255 of 346
Message 255 of 346

Apple fixed indian symbol issue in a couple of days, android users waits for a 1-2 month in similar situations( 

One time poster
Message 256 of 346
Message 256 of 346

my device is now on 47.1.A.12.75, but I still have this problem....

One time poster
Message 257 of 346
Message 257 of 346

I have just upgraded and have the same issue, fully updated and the phone will often disconnect from WiFi. Also it seems to hate our virgin media router, 90% of the time not finding it and 10% of the time not connecting to it.

One time poster
Message 258 of 346
Message 258 of 346

IIhave tryed all recomendations on how to solve this problem, I have received the update 47.1.A. 12.75 butbthisthas not solved the issue. Please help!!!! 

Pioneer
Message 259 of 346
Message 259 of 346

Hi @Emir;

I had the Wifi problem from time to time, having to restart the phone to have Wifi connection again, but I think the update 47.1.A12.75 solved the problem for me because since it I never had that issue again.

Regarding the GPS icon problem however the issue remains (I don't know if something was already made to solve it).

Best regards.

Learner
Message 260 of 346
Message 260 of 346

I just got updated to 47.1.A12.75 on Three UK and it has now destroyed my WiFi performance, constantly dropping out and failing to connect to anything randomly.

As well as now joining the WiFi issue members club, it also now seems that after the update SwiftKey keyboard is broken as well along with the left edge of the screen no longer responding to input.

Outstanding.