account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Message 221 of 346
Message 221 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

really annoying suddenly every time dropping wifi connection,    after restarting phone  only i am able to connect to wifi. sony please fix this fast. no more patience. 

One time poster
Message 222 of 346
Message 222 of 346

Same problem , all is ok and , since wensday , i have problems with all of Wifi conections , home , at work 

Message 223 of 346
Message 223 of 346

I am also really struggling with this problem. It was an occasional issue before, but since updating to Oreo, it has become a huge problem. I have tried all sorts of things, to no avail. I sometimes have issues on 4g also, but it is mostly with wifi. It is across many different networks, with many different configurations. I am at a loss. There has to be a software glitch causing this, as so many users are experiencing the issue!

Message 224 of 346
Message 224 of 346

I don't use adguard, but I am also having this problem since updating to Oreo. It's driving me crazy! Have you had any luck trying to rectify this?

Message 225 of 346
Message 225 of 346

I agree, not only is it not fixed, but it is much worse in Oreo. I am having regular drops on both 5ghz and 2.4ghz, and less frequently, even on 4g. Rebooting the phone usually fixes the problem, but never for long Slightly frowning Face

Enthusiast
Message 226 of 346
Message 226 of 346

On Nougat my Phone was fine on a 2.4 ghz router. Now with Oreo, I get daily disconnects and after I restart the phone, the problem reoccurs after 20 minutes... 

Learner
Message 227 of 346
Message 227 of 346

I was wondering why it takes a longer time to open Dropbox files using WiFi. The opening times is normal using mobile network. 

Running h on nougat. 

Message 228 of 346
Message 228 of 346

Yesterday I tried doing a complete reset and software repair, but it hasn't helped. I spent considerable time today talking with Sony support, and they have advised me to take the handset in for repair, even though the issue only arose after the Oreo update. Interestingly though, if I go in to the service settings, and disable the secondary wifi antenna, it seems to work much better. Using both or just the second antenna gives me lots of issues, but using only the primary it seems stable. Unfortunately, you can't leave this setting active once you leave the service menu Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 229 of 346
Message 229 of 346

I have the same problem with Sony Xperia XZ1,

1st week noticed wifi/4G signal loss, only way to resolve is to reboot. Now wifi/4G signal loss, sometimes the phone auto-reboots, if I'm listening to music, there is some occasional stuttering when that occurs.

Please advise

Learner
Message 230 of 346
Message 230 of 346

Those people who have problems with the wi-fi of the phone, should try the following solution, since it worked for me. The solution is to reinstall the latest software update, but before pressing "install", it is necessary to disable the wi-fi network of the phone. was it understood? before re-installing the update, simply disable the wi-fi network of your premium xz