account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Learner
Message 211 of 346
Message 211 of 346

Re: serious wif-fi problems

Also got massive problems with disconnecting wlan. I hope they will fix it soon. I dont wanna spent my Highspeed for this...

The update doesnt improve anything for me since yet. (Iam on .137)

Learner
Message 212 of 346
Message 212 of 346

I've been having issues as well. Recently updated to .137 and it's actually worse now. Still get dropouts and the "x" symbol on the WiFi indicator. A restart will obit provide a temporary fix. I really love this phone so I hope this gets sorted out very quickly. 

Enthusiast
Message 213 of 346
Message 213 of 346

This is my last ever Sony.

I give up on them. Currently selling on eBay and will but the one plus 5.

Enthusiast
Message 214 of 346
Message 214 of 346

Interesting, I had zero issues and then even with my Japanese DOCOMO version, WIFI now drops out aytime I turn off the device. I have to go into WIFI settings to get a connection back on.

Learner
Message 215 of 346
Message 215 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

Last Friday, after upgrading to Android oreo 8.0, the Wi Fi crash problem disappeared completely. Did someone else experience the same thing? I advise deactivating the Wi Fi network before installing a system update.

Enthusiast
Message 216 of 346
Message 216 of 346

Yes, i think it is fixed in Android 8.0.

Inhabitant
Message 217 of 346
Message 217 of 346

It is not fixed at all in Oreo. I am experiencing massive drops on 5 ghz wifi. I have tried repairing device with Companion but it didn't help. 

Adept
Message 218 of 346
Message 218 of 346

As I wrote some post earlier... It's really strange. My wifi problem is gone since Android 7.1.1 with the .137 firmware. With Oreo also no problems with 5GHz.

If possible, try to change your 5GHz wifi to 802.11.n+a".

Inhabitant
Message 219 of 346
Message 219 of 346

Hey schickel. I have seen your post @adguard thread (xda). I was thinking that this wifi dropping is caused by latest adguard as I haven't experience any drops on Nougat but since uodating XZP to Oreo it is pain in *ss. Do you use latest adguard on XZP? 

Adept
Message 220 of 346
Message 220 of 346

@lesmil wrote:

@hey schickel. I have seen your post @adguard thread (xda). I was thinking that this wifi dropping is caused by latest adguard as I haven't experience any drops on Nougat but since uodating XZP to Oreo it is pain in *ss. Do you use latest adguard on XZP? 

Actually I'm not using adguard, because some websites are not working with adguard, but I hope, that adguard would be able to fix this. 

For testing I'll activate it and report later if adguard could be the cause