account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Message 181 of 346
Message 181 of 346

Re: Newest Update

Same issue here with the XZPremium.  Did a factory reset after the latest update and did not resolve the problem.  Happens in safe mode as well.

We've one other device here that exhibit the same problem but that was after the Nougat update.. where as my XZP's wifi didn't work properly since day one.  It's been almost 3 months.

Message 182 of 346
Message 182 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

The latest 45.0.A.7.137 update did not resolve the issue for me.  Same old problem even after factory reset.

Just to add to the thread, we've another device(Asus Zenpad Z8 through Verizon) that currently suffers from wifi dropping after Nougat update and was perfectly fine before the update.  Then almost half a year ago we had similar issue with a Nvidia Shield Tablet after Nougat update but Nvidia fixed prompted with an OTA update.  This leads me to believe that Android 7.x.x can cause problem with a number of routers in general.

Learner
Message 183 of 346
Message 183 of 346

Sony sent out a OTA update last Tuesday 12th for wi-fi improvements, and it seems working fine now using both 2.4hz and 5.0hz. Check updates guys. 

Message 184 of 346
Message 184 of 346

Elzeko, what's the brand & model of the router you're using?  I might need to pick one up.

Learner
Message 185 of 346
Message 185 of 346

I have no idea, all I know it's from Cox, I'll check tonight, but it's not the router or modem, it's the phone. Check for the update. 

Message 186 of 346
Message 186 of 346

About 3 posts earlier I mentioned that I got the latest  45.0.A.7.137 update and didn't fix the issue even after factory reset.  Please do check on your router model tonight, appreciated.

Learner
Message 187 of 346
Message 187 of 346

Since the update to 45.0.A.7.137 the WiFi is working perfectly fine on my XZ Premium for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz! Slightly smiling Face

Sony phones since 2004
Learner
Message 188 of 346
Message 188 of 346

i can also happily say that after the last update that got pushed out to my phone yesterday

my wifi issues are gone on 5ghz Ac bands.
getting a great and stable 190 Mbits connection to my router.

Apprentice
Message 189 of 346
Message 189 of 346

I have 2 issues First one is the wifi connectivity it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes

Tryed everything, restart, resting the phone and the modem, forgetting the network, and switching from 2.4g to 5g nothing worked (on last update available) 

2 camera distortion is very bad evry thing are curved

I just bought this phone yasterday and I feel i got scammed bad and I need my money back 

Rookie
Message 190 of 346
Message 190 of 346

Yes after the software updaze it. Works perfectly fine for me. Looks like the problem was from a failed software update