account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Message 1 of 257
Message 1 of 257

Wifi signal dropping

I can be browsing the Internet or using apps and get a message at the top of my screen saying my phone is offline??? I was sat in the next room to my router and my ps4 or previous iPhone never had an issue also even if it was out of range (which I wasn't) I have mobile data so why is all connected to one crashing/dropping

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 249 of 257
Message 249 of 257

Re: Wifi signal dropping

Hi Everyone,

You might experience that your phone sometimes loses the Wi-Fi connection and you need to restart the phone to get it reconnected. This is known and will be improved in the next software release. The affected software versions are 47.1.A.12.34 or earlier on Android 8.0.

However, please note that software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Update: Thank you for all the feedback! We understand that the improvements we introduced did not resolve the behavior for everyone.

We will keep investigating in order to provide further improvements.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

256 REPLIES
Regular
Message 2 of 257
Message 2 of 257

I have also started to experience this issue, just this evening. The wifi icon at the top of the phone shows an x indicating that it isn't connected to WiFi and I also get the pop up message saying they're is no Internet access. 

The problem was intermittent and seems to have gone away following me 'forgetting' and reconnecting to the network. 

Strangely, despite it saying I had no Internet access, I could still use chrome ect... 

Message 3 of 257
Message 3 of 257

Mine has done it all night I try playing on my ps4 but upstairs on my phone and unable to connect for longer than 4-5 minutes and the price this thing costs they need to resolve it ad quickly 

Nadfink wrote:

I have also started to experience this issue, just this evening. The wifi icon at the top of the phone shows an x indicating that it isn't connected to WiFi and I also get the pop up message saying they're is no Internet access. 

The problem was intermittent and seems to have gone away following me 'forgetting' and reconnecting to the network. 

Strangely, despite it saying I had no Internet access, I could still use chrome ect... 

Nadfink wrote:

Apprentice
Message 4 of 257
Message 4 of 257

Seems to be that i am having the same problem here 🤔

But in my case, forgetting the network didn't work and a restart solved the problem, at least for now! 

Adviser
Message 5 of 257
Message 5 of 257

Having the same issues with my 5ghz wifi at home, 2.4ghz seems rock solid no drops whatsoever but getting dropped out of the 5ghz one every few minutes... Very annoying when watching YouTube video for example, also having weird battery drain statistics regarding WiFi, tells me that my WiFi is running for the last 55days, if I check again after some time, it says 100 days.. Highest was 250. And about 60k mah used since last battery load. Maybe that bug has something to do with the weird WiFi behavior? 

One time poster
Message 6 of 257
Message 6 of 257

Hi,

I've got wifi problem too.

When I connected to 2.4GHz, the speed test can run through, but the download speed could vary from 10~100Mbps and the upload is even more unstable.

When I connected to 5GHz, the download easily went to 100Mbps, but the upload test never ran through, showing "Network communication got an issue".

My all other devices, iphone and roku, are working fine.

The wifi signal strength is full.

Is it because of encryption, b/g/n/ac, or some xz premium's back ground software?

I am still trying. This is pretty annoying...

b0b
One time poster
Message 7 of 257
Message 7 of 257

Internet connection issues

Keep getting told I'm not connected to the Internet even when showing a strong signal, happens using mobile data and also WiFi 

Message 8 of 257
Message 8 of 257

I have read about similar issues with other phones. Sometimes when you get a new phone a restart of the wifi router is necessary. Maybe a new firmware is available for your router? At any rate I have seen that doing a restart of the router while at the same time forgetting the wifi connection on the phone and setting it up again can fix the issues. 

I am not saying to do a factory reset of the router as this will mean setting up everything that uses the router all over again. But that also may be a necessary evil.

I am having no wifi issues. I am not using 5 gHz but rather 2.4 gHz.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 257
Message 9 of 257

Re: Internet connection issues

Hi @b0b, Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this issue sad

Can you please test your phone in safe mode and see if it does the same thing?

Also, make sure you have all the correct settings. Go to Settings > More > Internet Settings to download them.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 10 of 257
Message 10 of 257

Re: Internet connection issues

I have the exact same issue, but my problems are only limited to the WiFi as it seems. At least half of the time my WiFi status is   'Connected, no internet'. Very annoying and makes me switch off the WiFi for now.

I have tested this on several routers, all using 5ghz, but also 2.4ghz. For comparison, my Z2 (and all other devices) work perfectly.

Screenshot:

https://image.ibb.co/n74tNa/Screenshot_20170604_185642.png