account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 341 of 346
Message 341 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

Thank you for letting us know that this is a known issue.

The update all depends on region, market operator etc!

I see your post is now 10 months old.

SO ... what do we do? 

Any chance to upgrade the Android version og or instal a fix directly? Meaning not waiting an other 10 months to see IF the update might or might not come to my G3311, purchased i Denmark, orignally through 'Telia', but now with a sim from '3'.

Or should I just give up on my Sony and Sony in general?

Regards Claus

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 342 of 346
Message 342 of 346

I've had this phone for well over a year now. WiFi issue has persistent since the start and it has had a lot of software updates over this time. Why is this issue marked as resolved when it clearly isnt?

I concur with people that think it's a hardware fault. This is the last Sony phone I will ever own.

Message 343 of 346
Message 343 of 346

Correct! I had trouble with my xz premium for around 12 months. Intermittent bluetooth, WiFi, GPS. Had it in for repair, was exactly the same when I got it back.  Spent months doing what they tell you to do, factory resetting, backups, waiting for updates etc and nothing worked.  Eventually when I got it back in for repair again they couldn't solve the problem and agreed to swap the handset. The new one has worked flawlessly ever since!  Sony will be losing a lot of faithful customers after this screw up with the xz premium.  I for one will not be wanting to risk another year with an unreliable handset.  

One time poster
Message 344 of 346
Message 344 of 346

D not work for me....!!!

@Farhankhan wrote:

My problem is solved by turning off "open network notification" and "auto network switch" and "keep wifi on during sleep" as always in wifi preferences at the bottom of the wifi settings.

I am guessing it happened because it is not able to refresh the IP settings once the phone wakes up from sleep.

let me know if it solves your issue...cheers

One time poster
Message 345 of 346
Message 345 of 346

Also having the same problem and seems like it's never going to be solved looking at the dates on here? Sony Xperia xa2.. Tried everything so no point suggesting resets and settings changes etc.  

One time poster
Message 346 of 346
Message 346 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping after last update

I had never problems with Wifi signal on my XZ2 compact. 

After the last update (52.0.A.3.202) Android 9.0 about 2 weeks ago, Wifi signal is dropping every 4-5 minutes.

Any help please?