account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 321 of 346
Message 321 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

I got same issue after SW 47.1.A.12.205 upgrade, device can not find saved Wi-Fi network and

re-connect to it when device is close to Wi-Fi access point OR connected to Wi-Fi access point

but internet is not available. Finally I got a solution to fix this issue, turn off Wi-Fi scanning and

BT scanning from Settings -> Lockscreen and Security -> Location -> Scanning.

My steps:

(My BT is default Off)

1. Turn off Wi-Fi

2. Turn off Wi-Fi and BT scanning

3. Turn On WiFi

One time poster
Message 322 of 346
Message 322 of 346

Hi 

I know this wifi dropping issues has been going on since the update and hopefully Sony is aware about it but I am curious if as a consumer we can get a rebate or anything about this? It do mybhead in everytime I have to switch my wifi on and off just to make sure I get wifi back on.

My phone is still under warranty until next year and I bought it last year is there any chance I can return it because of this issue?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Message 323 of 346
Message 323 of 346

I believe this is a hardware issue, but a very common one. I had two handsets with issues before getting a good one. I would recommend returning it and demanding a replacement  I had to fight for it, but it was worth it! 

One time poster
Message 324 of 346
Message 324 of 346

I'm Just replicating what i posted in the xda developers forum, let me know if this helped someone..........

I found the solution:
My network works with two devices:
1 ZTE Router (2.4GHz)
1 D-LINK Repeater (2.4GHz)
In the router my XZ Premium works nicely, in the repeater happen exactly what you said, Connect apperars "no internet"  after 1 second and wifi on Smartphone is automatically disabled or wifi stay enabled, but says "disabled" on network.
So.. I checked the wlan settings of the two devices in my network exhaustively item by item and I changed the devices settings about 20 times, I and  I found that none of the settings matters (wpa or wep, 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz, Bandwidth 20Mhz or 40Mhz, type of network b / g / n, nor channel 1 to 13) just ignore this.
What REALLY MATTERS is a option in the advanced wlan settings, called "Fragment Threshold" this value was at 500, I changed it to the maximum (2346) and my XZ Premium started the connection instantly. Explaining: increasing this value defined that the packet can be up to 2346 bytes before being fragmented, so we deactivate packet fragmentation, reducing overhead and ensuring the best transmission rate possible, so this option determines the size of the frame.
Put simply: Go to advanced Wlan settings, locate "Fragment Threshold" and change to the highest possible value. That worked for me =)
Rookie
Message 325 of 346
Message 325 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping all the time!

Hi Sony: please help on my Wifi "no internet" or "Connected, no internet" issue!? The wifi signal is good but either "disconnect" or "can't connect", authentication problem!  Why!? Even my previous older phones have No issue connecting!  Please resolve or I would have to consider returning the phone (Xperia A2) that I just bought! *Annoyed & frustrated* by non-operating phone! Slightly frowning Face thks

Rookie
Message 326 of 346
Message 326 of 346

Hi: What's the status on the "wifi dropping" issue? Just got my phone and it's Oct 2018 or a long time since Sony Xperia Support's post! Thks

Learner
Message 327 of 346
Message 327 of 346

It's still does the same BS* it's like they don't care. I need not reboot my phone everytimee it doesnt discover the wifi network. With my next cell upgrade I might change Brands 

Apprentice
Message 328 of 346
Message 328 of 346

I still experience the same problem with wi fi dropping on 47.1.A.16.20 

Learner
Message 329 of 346
Message 329 of 346

My problem is solved by turning off "open network notification" and "auto network switch" and "keep wifi on during sleep" as always in wifi preferences at the bottom of the wifi settings.

I am guessing it happened because it is not able to refresh the IP settings once the phone wakes up from sleep.

let me know if it solves your issue...cheers

Rookie
Message 330 of 346
Message 330 of 346

Not just wifi signal but data too. The issue hadn't been resolved at all and has turned me right off ever buying another Sony phone. Been messaging Sony xperia page on Facebook too and being ignored. Thankfully I can buy a new device this week and get rid of this sony xperia l1 once and for all cause I can see you're never gonna fix the issue.