account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 311 of 346
Message 311 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

Heard firmware 179 should fix this issue...anyone tried it yet?

Apprentice
Message 312 of 346
Message 312 of 346

47.1.A.12.179 still has this issue

Visitor
Message 313 of 346
Message 313 of 346

I am never buying another Sony phone. I have had nothing but problems. The Wifi on my phone barely works and I have to put weights on my charger cable to even get it to work. I'm never buying another Sony phone. What a piece of garbage!!

Learner
Message 314 of 346
Message 314 of 346

I have same issue. It's very annoying and embarrassing. I have xz1 android 8

47.1.A.12.205. Please solve this problem. This is my 4th xperia phone. I need reliable phone because I use it as computer for work. 

Inhabitant
Message 315 of 346
Message 315 of 346

I have this problem too 47.1.A.12.205 but only on this update and the one before that and its fixed for some period of time after restarting the phone otherwise wifi will connect but there will be no internet connection at all.

One time poster
Message 316 of 346
Message 316 of 346

I'm still having this issue on my xz premium, in fact it's gotten worse since update last week. Any chance of it being fixed soon? 

One time poster
Message 317 of 346
Message 317 of 346

Same problem since few weeks, xz premium. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 318 of 346
Message 318 of 346

Wifi seems to be getting worse with every update, it's practically unusable now on 47. 1.A.12.235, shows as full strength but just keeps disconnecting from the internet. Just over a month left on my warranty so I'm thinking of sending my Xz Premium back to Sony as it's clearly faulty and not fit for purposes under the consumer goods act. 

Apprentice
Message 319 of 346
Message 319 of 346

am facing the same problem after the latest update! am running
47. 1.A.12.235... it's annoying & am starting to hate SONY phones already because of WiFi issues, bad camera optimization & big bezels ...etc

Tragedy in life normally comes with betrayal and compromise, and trading on your integrity and not having dignity in life. That's really where failure comes.
One time poster
Message 320 of 346
Message 320 of 346

My XZ premium, and my mates, has trouble connecting, and staying connected to the higher 5G wifi channels as well as bluetooth (Although to a lessor degree than the 5G wifi). They seem fine on the lower wifi channels and 2.4g bandwidth. Hope this helps find a solution to this annoying problem.