account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Message 281 of 346
Message 281 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

Sorry, but I'm still facing the same  problem with letest version

Screenshot_20180419-215318.png

Adviser
Message 282 of 346
Message 282 of 346

Still having the same problem on XZ1 Compact on Android 8.0 with latest patches installed. What's interesting for me is that manually rebooting the router doesn't solve the problem, the phone still stays stuck in the cycle of connecting/disconnecting to WiFi. Been having this issue for months already, none of my other devices have same problem

One time poster
Message 283 of 346
Message 283 of 346

I also have the same problem with xz1. I have updated to the latest version and the bug has not been fixed. Screenshot_20180420-163941.png

Enthusiast
Message 284 of 346
Message 284 of 346

Wow, it's crazy that Sony still had not fixed this issue. I had send the phone in to Sony service center again due to this issue. What they did previously was just reflash the firmware...and the issue still persist.

I looked at the other model's thread and it seems like this Wi-Fi issue affects XZ Premium, XZ1 and XZ1 Compact. Exactly same symptom....

So far no report of this WiFi issue for XZ2 and XZ2 Compact yet though...however it's touchscreen isn't precise...so...what's wrong with you? Sony?

What these 3 models had in common is SD835, however for XZ Premium, this issue had persisted since Android 7.1.1 so it does not look like Google's problem.

I had actually switched to Google Pixel 2 XL and this model completely had no such issue since day 1.

Also, all my past Xperia's from V, Z, Z1, Z2, Z3, Z3+, Z5, XZ had no such issue, all my other wifi device do not have this issue as well so it is also not my router issue.

This is unacceptable Sony...

Adviser
Message 285 of 346
Message 285 of 346

My Z5 had the same issue after the update to 7.0

Enthusiast
Message 286 of 346
Message 286 of 346

Already sold my Z5 so can't check for you, however all my friends who are still on Z5 and Z5 premium do not face this issue. Even my Z4 Tablet can stay connected on Wifi for like forever...

However, one of my friend who upgraded to XZ premium recently also facing this wifi dropping issue...

Message 287 of 346
Message 287 of 346

I don't believe this is a software issue, but rather a very common hardware fault. The reason it was better for some before Oreo and better for some since is because of the dual WiFi antenna, and my understanding is that Oreo changed the preferred primary one, so the issue would improve or worsen depending on which antenna has the fault. I had the same problem with my XZ Premium, but my brother with the same phone didn't. My phone was replaced under warranty for a microphone issue, but I still had the WiFi problems with the replacement. After three repair attempts on it (firmware flashing only) when nothing improved, I insisted that the phone be replaced. I have had my new one (still XZ Premium) since December and haven't had any problems at all. I recommend pushing for a warranty replacement! 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 288 of 346
Message 288 of 346

That is what I am doing now, I will keep sending in until they fix/replace with a good one...

One time poster
Message 289 of 346
Message 289 of 346

Re: wifi connection dropping

I have the issue now I'm on 47.1.A.12.145, didn't have it on previous versions.

Happens on all types of WiFi networks, including enterprise networks.

Phone is also choosing to ignore WiFi even when connected at times.

My mobile data usage has shot up and I'm almost out in a week. I've never gone over it...

I'm also seeing massive battery drains and heat because of it.

UK customised firmware, if it helps.

One time poster
Message 290 of 346
Message 290 of 346

Just got the XZ2 compact. Same issue with this phone Slightly frowning Face

I bought this phone for replacing my old phone (X Compact). Both phones got this error.

Current build is 51.1.A.3.159, Android 8.0.0