account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 271 of 346
Message 271 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

Ive updated to android 8.0 and build 47.1.a.12.75 and still have consant drop outs on different wifi connections (work and home) so I know it's not a modem issue. I have almost completely used up all my data bandwidth for this month and still have 20 days to go. Pretty unhappy with this phone since I've gotten it

Learner
Message 272 of 346
Message 272 of 346

Updated to 47.1.A.12.119 today and the problem still persists, one of the key features of my XZP remains crippled. Thanks, Sony. At least the GPS icon got fixed...

Apprentice
Message 273 of 346
Message 273 of 346

now my XZ Premium has updated to 47.1.A.12.119, the wi-fi signal dropping issue is still not fixed.

Apprentice
Message 274 of 346
Message 274 of 346

updated to 47.1.A.12.119, this issue even gets worse

it happens more frequently

Apprentice
Message 275 of 346
Message 275 of 346

I'm in the same boat. My WiFi works, but constantly fails to connect to the internet.

Fix it or refund us. This is ridiculous.

One time poster
Message 276 of 346
Message 276 of 346

Why does this bug still exist? 10 months after launch nothing changed. 

Sonys most expensive device - something as important as a constant WIFI connection does not work, I didn't think something like this would be possible but here we are. 

Now after the Launch of XZ2 let's see if Sony values a 'Premium' customer by fixing this worst bug. 

Adviser
Message 277 of 346
Message 277 of 346

Why does this thread says "Solved" ? This is not solved even for 47.1.A.12.145 firmware, it's still dropping out of WiFi connections. My phone already has enabled "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep". 

Adviser
Message 278 of 346
Message 278 of 346

I had the same issues  but they have been fixed for a while now, at least for me. 

There might be another culprit in your case, trying a different router may be worth a shot. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 279 of 346
Message 279 of 346

wifi connection dropping

Hello,

I decided to open a new topic because the https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Wifi-signal-dropping/td-p/1229275/page/28 is already marked as solved which is not true and there are new posts of people saying that hey are sitll facing the issue, as am I.

My wifi is still not working acceptably, and I have two Sony XZ P dual sim at home bought at the same time recently, the connection just keeps dropping and coming back, sometimes I need to turn off and turn on the wifi to get internet access again.

Other devices like my OneplusX, Huawei Tablet and Samsung Smart TV don't have any problems with the wifi..

Please Sony, admit you still the issues with wifi and Sony Xperia XZ Premium  are not fixed and please work on fixing them.

My build number is: 47.1.A.12.145

Learner
Message 280 of 346
Message 280 of 346

david_alex I have 2 new Sony Xperia XZ Premium on the same build number as you with the same issue.

This is not fixed.