account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 241 of 346
Message 241 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

I've seen some Pixel users in Google product forum reporting the cause of this WiFi issue is Security/Privacy apps.

If you have any of those, try to uninstall or disable them and see if things improve.

Highlighted
Message 242 of 346
Message 242 of 346

@karcerkk do you make sure to manually enable WiFi after turning airplane mode on? because airplane mode automatically cuts off all wireless connections. I'm typing this comment while connected to WiFi in airplane mode with no issues.

One time poster
Message 243 of 346
Message 243 of 346

Just disable avg related services (especially wifi ones) and wifi wouldn't drop ever

Apprentice
Message 244 of 346
Message 244 of 346

I can't believe that this issue was found half a year ago but still not fixed now. my XZ Premium will constantly lose connecttion to my 5GHz wifi in a few minutes. a reboot seems solved this but it just happen a few times in a day.

and on my Xperia z5 connected to the same wifi, this issue never appeared at the same time

One time poster
Message 245 of 346
Message 245 of 346

Mobile is constantly dropping WiFi signal: seems to be a common issue judging by the number of messages here.

Usually restarting the phone gets it going again for a while but that really shouldn't be necessary on a phone that costs this much.

No other device has this issue, only the Sony phone. 

Is there a fix available? 

Adviser
Message 246 of 346
Message 246 of 346

Same problem on my XZ1 Compact recently bought. WiFi drops and will not connect usually at least once a day or sometimes more. Only restart phone helps for a while. This is driving me insane. None of my other devices experience any problem like that. I can't believe this issue still hasn't been solved. Might have to sell the phone and never ever buy Sony again.
Talent
Message 247 of 346
Message 247 of 346

They dont care guys. Just move to another brand...

Message 248 of 346
Message 248 of 346

Estou tendo problemas com conexão WiFi, caindo toda hora..

Arruma isso Sony!!!!

Meu S8+ nao cai..

So o XZ Premium que cai

I am having problems with WiFi connection, falling all the time ..

Get that Sony !!!!

My S8 + does not fall ..

Only the XZ Premium that falls

GT

Sony Xperia Support
Message 249 of 346
Message 249 of 346

Hi Everyone,

You might experience that your phone sometimes loses the Wi-Fi connection and you need to restart the phone to get it reconnected. This is known and will be improved in the next software release. The affected software versions are 47.1.A.12.34 or earlier on Android 8.0.

However, please note that software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Update: Thank you for all the feedback! We understand that the improvements we introduced did not resolve the behavior for everyone.

We will keep investigating in order to provide further improvements.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 250 of 346
Message 250 of 346

When will this problem going to be fixed for those devices. This is so frustrating to deal with. Any ideas on specific date?