account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Regular
Message 201 of 346
Message 201 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

Even I've observed the same problem when I use WIFI with BT on it's very slow and no connectivity many times. I see this WIFI problem less often when BT is off. It must be some problem with the Recievers on board.

Regular
Message 202 of 346
Message 202 of 346

I can't believe that this issue has not been fixed yet by SONY

Talent
Message 203 of 346
Message 203 of 346

My GF got the XZ1 now, the WiFi quality is still sub-par in my opinion, but it's still better than my XZ Premium. XZ1 got connection where my XZP has none (or an X through the connection). So yea, Premium my behind.

-Edit: Finally got the .137 update just now. Will test tonight.

Talent
Message 204 of 346
Message 204 of 346

After testing the .137 patch for a few hours now all my WiFi related problems seems to have disappeared. Only took Sony 5 months... 4.9 months too late in my opinion.

I have yet to do some more testing, but the results so far are promising.

Regular
Message 205 of 346
Message 205 of 346

that is a great news Dutchy! please share with us any further feedback or confirmation that the issue has been fixed as it would be a huge help

when I had the phone I experienced a drop and disconnect in the Wifi connection for only a few seconds and it would reconnect automaticly, it happens every 10 minutes or less...hopefully they fixed that as well

Apprentice
Message 206 of 346
Message 206 of 346

Sony's failure so far has not solved the problem. It comes in my thinking cracking the phone this is very annoying.

Apprentice
Message 207 of 346
Message 207 of 346

Face with Steam from Nose

Message 208 of 346
Message 208 of 346

Re: serious wif-fi problems

Turned off smart cleaner and guess what, no wifi issues :/

Definitely a bug issue with the ram and wifi software controller especially when it comes to 5ghz.

What I think is actually happening is as soon as it gets new data to transfer the old cache data of other background apps are killed by the smart cleaner and this then probably results into traffic overload or something. 

Thanks to Jonyny, his solution really worked

Build number: 45.0.A.7.137

Date: 16/10/2017

Adept
Message 209 of 346
Message 209 of 346

I'm on .137 firmware with ACTIVATED Smart-Cleaner and: No issues wit WiFi on 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. My problems with WiFi are solved after the update to .137.

In previous firmware versions I've deactivated Smart-Cleaner, but this does't help.

What's really funny: Many users on .137 like me told that the issues are gone, but also many users have these issues again.

The question is: what is the issue???

I will give a try to flash a clean firmware with Newflasher - it wipes your device, but after flashing .137 firmware with Newflasher my WiFi is running very stable and without any problems.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 210 of 346
Message 210 of 346

Have been using .137 for quite some time now...and I must say the wi-fi issue had only been improved as described in their changelog.

It dosen't drop as often as before now but does still drop occasionally. When it does drop, the only way to make it stable again is to restart the phone.