account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 191 of 346
Message 191 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

I have this issue. 

I also have it were it still says i am connected, but no webpages/apps will load. But if i use my tablet in exactly the same place it works fine. 

I also have to forget/re-link to any network after more then 2 hours using it.

Again, this is really annoying.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 192 of 346
Message 192 of 346

Cannot beleive this issue is still not resolved by Sony.

What a joke!

Apprentice
Message 193 of 346
Message 193 of 346

I lost my hope on sony after more than 8 years of me supporting them since the k750 

I have bought the Xperia xz premium and i had the wifi dropping and the camera distortion issues so i returned it to sony and bought Samsung Galaxy s8+ that's my first phone that i buy out of sony's and I'm really sad to to say that I'm really happy with it it's almost perfect

I wish if you listened to you customers sony you're losing your fans 😭

Message 194 of 346
Message 194 of 346

After update 45.0.А.7.137 I have for the first time wi-fi dropping.

Before this I have no problems with wi-fi. 

Talent
Message 195 of 346
Message 195 of 346

Still waiting for the .137 patch to hit my region (Customized BLX). Eager to test it. My WiFi is still unusable. I just don't undertand why updates are not released as a whole. Why do local providers have to give their go-ahead in order to get them released?

Enthusiast
Message 196 of 346
Message 196 of 346

The patch didnt even resolve the issue.

Bizare

Learner
Message 197 of 346
Message 197 of 346

I have this issue since the first day.

I have made some support calls to sony with no result.

Also send in my phone to the customer service without any result. Problem is still there. 

But when I disconnect my smartwatch (disable bluetooth) the WiFi looks more stable. 

Is there someone with the same WiFi issue who can verify /refute this behavior?

Adept
Message 198 of 346
Message 198 of 346

I was one of the 1st who get the XZP. From day one my WiFi was terrible, many problems in 5GHz network. After update to 45.0.А.7.137 the WiFi problem is solved for me.

I'm wondering why people with 45.0.А.7.137 still have bugs and others not?

What I did, because I can't wait to get the OTA 45.0.А.7.137 with Vodafone branding: I flashed the  Customized DE ROM with newflasher - this include a full wipe of the phone (all apps and settings are gone - get it from the google-backup). After flashing everything is working like expected.

Maybe the people still have issues with 45.0.А.7.137 give newflasher a try with Customized ROM of your country

Message 199 of 346
Message 199 of 346

@schickel

The process of software repair using Xperia Companion, it will also do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adept
Message 200 of 346
Message 200 of 346

@Quester: Yes, but with "software repair using Xperia Companion" you can't change the base, what I did. The reason for this: Vodafone DE updates have a delay up to 3 weeks comparing the Customized DE. And he Customized DE have less bload.