account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 81 of 347
Message 81 of 347

Re: Wifi signal dropping

Such a shame these about these problems otherwise amazing phone.

Fix wifi

Fix flashing white line when watching video

Fix distortion 

=

Best phone of 2017!

Adviser
Message 82 of 347
Message 82 of 347

Looks like the one plus five is also having identical issues and on their forums they are crying out for a fix too. 

One time poster
Message 83 of 347
Message 83 of 347

Hello everybody. I had the same issue - wifi connected but no internet. Other devices worked without problems, only my new xz premium had problem. I tried everything without results and today I decided to replace my old router. When connected the new one suddenly my xz premium works perfectly. New router fixed the problem. 

One time poster
Message 84 of 347
Message 84 of 347

My xz premium in 5ghz wifi lose dns in a few minutes. Please fixit. It will be a problem in the driver. 

Commissioner
Message 85 of 347
Message 85 of 347

I'm currently holding 3 devices in my hand .... the Z5P, Note5 and the XZP

moving 30 feets from the Airport extreme @ 2.4GHZ and the Note5 is still connected and downloading with no issue... the Z5P is also doing fine but the XZP disconnects and can't find any available network.

IS THIS SERIOUS ? at 5GHZ it won't even find any network if i move 15 feets....

Are we paying our money to downgrade or what ? Why do we have to suffer every single time we buy a flagship device from dealbreaking issues !? 

Why do we have to feel that the devices didn't undergo proper testing before release to public ? 

I can live with the camera distortion ( I'm trying ) and I can install 3rd party apps to compensate the lack of app development and I can deal with the low volume issue although waterproofing is my least concern... BUT IT'S A GOD **bleep** SMARTPHONE THAT CAN'T FIND NETWORKS IN RANGE. 

Frustration at its best.....

Message 86 of 347
Message 86 of 347

Though I only use 2.4 WiFi and it works fine for me I do agree with you 100%

I am tired of all the camera talk, on all cell phone forums, and wish the OEM's would concentrate on signal quality. LTE, wifi, NFC, Bluetooth, GPS, and whatever other signal is needed on a cell phone. There is NOTHING more important than that all cell phones are tested extensively and that all advertized signals work flawlessly! The camera, and everything else are toys! I don't care about screen quality either as they all look great as they are. I do prefer LCD. If you cannot get a signal then everything else is useless!!!

Sony, are you listening?

Enthusiast
Message 87 of 347
Message 87 of 347

I have Asus RT-AC68U router, and wi-fi works perfectly in my XZ Premium in both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz band. 2,4Ghz is slower due interference from neighbour wireless routers. Link speed in 5Ghz is 866 mbps and 2.4Ghz only 144 mbps.

Especially older wireless routers have sometimes compability problems with newer gadgets. Sometimes firmware update help.  Sorry my english.

Commissioner
Message 88 of 347
Message 88 of 347

If you check your wifi link speed on your phone it will be 54Mbps @ 2.4 GHZ ... 

Enthusiast
Message 89 of 347
Message 89 of 347

Yes, if you have (very old) wlan-g  router. IEEE 802.11g  standard devices max speed is 54Mbps. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11

These antique wlan-a-b-g routers has also antique firmwares. It is very possible that some of these connection problems is caused by routers buggy/outdated firmware. Other thing is interference from other wireless devices.

2.4Ghz is very congested by bluetooth , routers, baby monitors, even wireless mouses and keyboards using 2,4Ghz band.

If there are, say 20 neighbour routers all using 2,4Ghz, all channels are occupied. Usually that means big trouble. 5Ghz AC routers has plenty more capacity, available channels= a lot more speed and stability.

Commissioner
Message 90 of 347
Message 90 of 347

My bad... my Airport extreme was messed up for some reason... I changed it back to 2.4G  n- channel and got 144mbps ... thought it was the phone...