account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 71 of 346
Message 71 of 346

Re: Wifi signal dropping

I'm thinking of starting a petition to get Sony to fix this issue. This issue has existed for 2 YEARS on the Sony Xperia Z5 and the same is happening on the XZ Premium now. They have done absolutely nothing to fix this issue. They always tell us that it's a problem with our router or we get one of the stupid responses telling us to try in safe mode, reset our devices or repair via PC companion. 

Learner
Message 72 of 346
Message 72 of 346

I get the same problem but also get it with mobile data too, I get told not connected to the internet even though I have a full signal, on both 3g and 4g

Message 73 of 346
Message 73 of 346

For whatever reason,my wifi dropping issue seems to have resolved itself. I haven't seen the wifi drop in about a week. Same with the bluetooth turning off issue; it's completely gone. I wonder if those things are related. Anyways, if it happens again, I'll write back in the thread. Otherwise, the issue has mysteriously vanished (thankfully).

Visitor
Message 74 of 346
Message 74 of 346

Samsung seems to have had this issue on the S8+, and reports of the issue stopped around May, and it was suggested an update fixed the problem.

Can Sony comment on a fix in the works?

Message 75 of 346
Message 75 of 346

I'm starting to wonder if Sony did a stealth patch to fix a few issues when the security update was applied??

I have read a few comments on how things are mysteriously fixing themselves!

Mine never had any issue with the wifi other than the crazy up times that were logged. They have mysteriously dissapeared for me.

Never heard of such a thing. Microsoft wanted to create a self repairing OS but we know how that turned out. Maybe Sony would rather fix the problems silently, thereby quashing any more internet advertised complaints, rather than to openly admit a problem.  Worried Face

Either way, as long as the problems get fixed I'm happy!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 76 of 346
Message 76 of 346

Im having this weird problem now where wifi stays connected to router but no internet connection and eats up the battery sooo fast.

Talent
Message 77 of 346
Message 77 of 346

I've had the latest patch for a while now, the problem is most def NOT fixed. I'm having the same issue as the person above. Connected, no internet.

As far as I heard from the devs they're looking into this. But so far it's been radio silence. If you need me to test a beta patch (like One Plus usually does) please let me know.

One time poster
Message 78 of 346
Message 78 of 346

I have had this issue from day one! Not impressed Sony. Get it sorted! 

Adviser
Message 79 of 346
Message 79 of 346

Def. No stealth update. 

I've deactivated the 5ghz band for now on my dual band router, rock solid again... 

Any news from the devs? 

One time poster
Message 80 of 346
Message 80 of 346

The same issue. And even worse - 2.4Ghz WiFi router stops to work when I connect my xzp. It worked fine with sgs6 and a laptop for two years.

P. S.: last time the connection has broken when I write this messageSlightly smiling Face