account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

WiFi icon in status bar disappeared

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

WiFi icon in status bar disappeared

How do I get the WIfi icon to show on the home screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: WiFi icon in status bar disappeared

@UKAlfie go to Settings > Display > System icons and see if WiFi option is checked there. 

8 REPLIES 8
Pioneer
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

@UKAlfie

Drag the notification bar down totally, touch the pencil (next to settings icon) and drag the wifi icon from the bottom zone to the top zone. 

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Roadrunny76. The icon is already in the top part. I have tried moving it elsewhere but nothing has changed. This is a new phone, do you think it is operating correctly?

Pioneer
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@UKAlfie

If it is new, it should work correctly. What you are saying is that you are connected to a router but you don't see it next to the network sign? 

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@UKAlfie

Also, check this: go to settings, system, system ui tuner, status bar and check there if show wifi is on or off. 

Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@UKAlfie go to Settings > Display > System icons and see if WiFi option is checked there. 

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

yes, that is correct. I can see the time,gps signal strength and bluetooth icons but no wifi icon.

Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I am sorry but I do not understand or can find system ui but the internet is working correctly. It is only that the icon is missing.

Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for your help. All sorted now.