account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

While installing new battery my XZ premium getting power OFF from boot up password screen

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

While installing new battery my XZ premium getting power OFF from boot up password screen

Hi everyone, 

#xperia xz premium

My xz premium is water damage. After complete entire clean up and starting the phone. 

My Xperia xz premium is showing a dead battery sign and it won't turn on. So I decided to replace battery. However, when I connect new battery to my phone it gets Power ON normally. HOWEVER, it gets Power OFF from boot up password screen each time I start mobile. Please help me is it circuit issue or new battery issue. What about original battery is it GONE?? Any immediate help is very much appreciated as it's been 2 weeks my phone is in sleep Slightly smiling FaceIMG-20191011-WA0000.jpegDead battery symbol

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: While installing new battery my XZ premium getting power OFF from boot up password screen

Only authorised Sony technicians are trained to perform hardware repairs on your device. 

I assume you know know how since you opened your device. Try to charge the device using the wall mount charger for 1-2 hours to make sure the battery is fully charge then perform software repair using Xperia Companion 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: While installing new battery my XZ premium getting power OFF from boot up password screen

Thanks for your help. Slightly smiling Face I would definetly try that method once again. But I kept my mobile on charging for more than 2 hours but it's not waking up.

I had to go to local repair center because sony service center  Don't have parts for my mobile. I asked for the battery but they are not even sure when the battery will be available. The most frustrating reply from the sony service center in case of my uncle's phone battery issue was to buy a new mobile. This happen in z5 situation. In India sony has almost back up in terms of mobile I guess Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Tejas99, let me see if I can help out here.

Have you tried contacting your local support team regarding this? They should be able to provide some answers as to where you can turn to in order to have the battery replaced correctly or even better arrange for the phone to be sent to an authorized service center. simply click on the link below and choose India in the dropdown list of countries and regions.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

I hope that helped! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.