account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Where is the July 19 patch?

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Where is the July 19 patch?

Today is 1 Aug 2019. Missed a month of security patches - is there any signficant change in feature coming up for XZP or is it plain sluggishness?

(Comparison: HMD Global is doing beautifully with Nokia now-a-days - 3rd month in a row the patches have arrived by the 15th of the month).

Expect better performance from Sony - please read the writing on the walls!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Re: Where is the July 19 patch?

Well, they have stopped operations in India market - I have posted separately. So long as they provide the monthly patches, I will use the phone. Beyond that - will be forced to archive it and switch over to other brand...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

@Unregistered user wrote:

Today is 1 Aug 2019. Missed a month of security patches - is there any signficant change in feature coming up for XZP or is it plain sluggishness?

(Comparison: HMD Global is doing beautifully with Nokia now-a-days - 3rd month in a row the patches have arrived by the 15th of the month).

Expect better performance from Sony - please read the writing on the walls!!

Not sure guess they are taking 2 year support policy too seriously.. despite an 835 flagship device.  Think before 2019 end there might be 1 or 2 updates and finish.  Android Q? 😭

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

did u see? 

Our feedback is in trouble. If there is a problem, should we not feedback and fix it?
  Covering the ear?
He is complaining about our excessive feedback. This is really funny. 

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Performance-issues-after-Pie-9-0-update/m-p/1374854...

"Everybody has different experience... But pie update complaints gone beyond its boundary... Literally everyone just adds "after pie update" to every issue they encounter whether it's related or not. Seeing posts like these really destroy the hope of future Q update."  

the feedback is the original sin.Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

索斯林.JPG

Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

It's the confusion between the feedback and complaining.... 

U are free to express and show any feedback... Plenty of time..  

Official support has only 2 things to say..

1. Repair by Xperia companion

2. Contact local support..

The end..

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Well, they have stopped operations in India market - I have posted separately. So long as they provide the monthly patches, I will use the phone. Beyond that - will be forced to archive it and switch over to other brand...

Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

New Xperia update build 47.2.A.10.107 rolled out with July security patch...  First thing to see when woke up morning.. 

Update follows to XZ1 too... Screenshot_20190813-100959.pngA little bit sized than previous ones.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Since you are not an official, you and us are both ordinary users. 

Posting these official statements like “Repair by Xperia companion ” that cannot solve the problem anymore

so stop pretending ,thats enoughFace with rolling Eyes

u acting like xperia team statements ,or trying to be in an official position, the way to defend is very funny  ,especially that Screenshot 。

well  ,i will repost it to  other sony fans to see

very funny.  LOL

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Avril wrote:

Since you are not an official, you and us are both ordinary users. 

Posting these official statements like “Repair by Xperia companion ” that cannot solve the problem anymore

so stop pretending ,thats enoughFace with rolling Eyes

u acting like xperia team statements ,or trying to be in an official position, the way to defend is very funny  ,especially that Screenshot 。

well  ,i will repost it to  other sony fans to see

very funny.  LOL

I never said or posted anything on d behalf of Sony.  Just look at all the forum posts, there is literally more than 12000 threads and posts.. just open your eyes and use your brain. I didn't make anything myself and I posted what's on my phone screen.. and what's happening with my phone.. 

Never denied anybody's phone issues bcos it happens one way or another..  80% of them had to contact local customer care to fix things eventually.. 

I already mentioned in some posts the confirmed bugs and issues that everybody knows abt it.. only for time being people use workarounds and may be by chance it gets fixed or not..  

And iam not defending anyone and iam not geting paid by anyone. And enough of Ur childsh behaviour. 

And enough getting notifications weeks or month later for posts which was already forgotten...fr god's sake..

Soon the forum moderators Gona ban both of us.. or may b me only.. as iam d only misleading pretending official guy...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Still a month too late. So now where is the Aug 19 patch - 5 more days to go in August.

1. My new Samsung Galaxy Note is updated to Aug 19 patch already.

2. Even my older Nokia 8 Sirocco is updated to Aug 19 patch.

If Sony wants to stay alive, it has to compete.

Else it will not revive its niche market and die out pretty soon!!