account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

When Can XZ Premium Use Full 4K Resolution?

Message 71 of 74
Message 71 of 74

Re: When Can XZ Premium Use Full 4K Resolution?

Exactly this, it takes a few seconds to render the full 4k displayed image

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 72 of 74
Message 72 of 74

Hi @Bjorn_O

I've open a new thread about the 4k resolution in YouTube and as you can read here

HTTPS://talk.sonymobile.com/T5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/How-to-see-4K-video-in-YouTube-Sony-Xperia-xz-Premi...

The display doesn't switch to 4K when 4K quality is selected in the YouTube app neither in the Google Chrome mobile version that use flash player.

I see you are a developer team member so can you please answer to my question here or in my new thread or even PM me.

Thank you

Apprentice
Message 73 of 74
Message 73 of 74

I'm curious about that as well, I'm starting to wonder because whenever I try veryfying the screen resolution using Antutu, it always shows 1080 screen even when Im playing 4K video on YouTube thatvs being put on half screen.

And also, I don't notice a change even when I toggle the 4K res when I'm using it to watch a vr video. Now that's weird, that's where the difference should be most stark.

How do I make sure the screen is actually running 4K when it's supposed to?

I can't get antutu to show intentification result as 4K no matter what I do. 

Apprentice
Message 74 of 74
Message 74 of 74

Also, every online display resolution checker always show result of 753 x 424 lol

Why is that?