account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

What would I like to see in the future update ...

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Re: What would I like to see in the future update ...

new dialer app

project treble

night mode

Regular
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

Double tap to wake. Thanks. 

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

can't agree wuth u anymore!!

Talent
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

Hello Sony Support

Dear Sony,

If you have branded a phone as premium, then make it Premium!

Personally I have great respect for japanese people, culture and science.

However, as a business man I have been in touch with chinese, european and americans and I noticed something intresting: when I was in China I saw how much japanese people where apreciated by the chinese, like they where gods and how proud they where walking on the streets, but exactly the oposite when I was talking with an american. Now I think I understand the american... 

Back to what pisses me off. 

How can you make a good product like XZP and kill its Premium features like:

- DISABLING DISPLAY PORT ALT MODE - PLEASE ENABLE IT IN SOFTWARE 

- CAMERA 2 API OR AT LEAST RAW SUPPORT

AND OTHERS... 

How come a nation that made the katana can take bad decisions regarding the software in our beloved  phone? Do you look at us with that superiority that I saw when I was in China, or your software engineers are a bounch of idiots? Or maybe Sony wants to become more like a chinese or korean company? Or maybe your management is full of idiots! 

I repeat, when you call it Premium, then MAKE it Premium!

... just like a katana... MAKE IT PREMIUM!!!

Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

Re: Hello Sony Support

1. Double tap to wake

2. Treble 

3. Oreo... I haven't received it yet 

One time poster
Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

Re: Hello Sony Support

Hello all,

although it's a long endless discussion and it's written on your policy and so on, can you please, Sony, made the possibility, maybe with a Firmware update (as it's the main topic), to bring back the DRM's after unlocking the bootloader ??? even if we are developpers or not, it's not fear that we paid hundred of bucks and not having the possibility to "play" with our phone as we want and bring it back to factory default after "the game".

Please make a small effort on this point and not only for XZ Premium. Thank you Heart

Rookie
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

They nicely fixed the camera deformation problem, it was very obvious in straight lines shapes.

What would I love to see in new update:

-Double tap to wake

-Camera real 240-480 fps continous slow motion recording

-Camera 4k 60fps recording (it can handle it with all hardware)

-Adjustable notification led (like duration, fade and brightness)

-Screen brightness control on first swipe down on notification bar with single finger (so i don't have to swipe 2 times all the time or use 2 fingers swipe), also button for "Auto brightness" toggle on off like Samsung has near brightness control

-Set time for Battery Care when to fully charge it

-Brighter LED flashlight (even option to turn on second LED into light too)

-Soft buttons autohide option (swipe up to bring them up in any app)

These options would make it so much more out of this phone, use the Premium like a premium device, it's your flagship top of the line Slightly smiling Face

Pioneer
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

The big problem is this (IMO)

There are a lot of people who have great tips.(us)

Up in the main office there are great developpers. (them)

They have their restrictions in what they are allowed to implement and/or what they are able to implement.

And then there is the marketing department (from out of space)

They decide what will be implemented.

Their motives are absolutely unclear, the knowledge upon which they make their decisions is unclear.

They decide!

(this is how I perceive how decisions are being made in industry, in politics etc.)

What I am wondering about.

Is it so that new models are designed in Japan and that bugs are repaired in Lund?

Which department is responsible for what?

Can the Sony people tell us a bit about the structures in the Sony mobile phones department?

@Andreydiyou started a great thread!

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Regular
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

Thank you. I'm trying to gather as many people as possible, what would the developers of Sony software think about

Highlighted
Talent
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

RAW file Support

Less obtrusive sharpening in the Sony Software

OUTPUT TO VIDEO/TV up to 4K via USB C stop turning it off in order to force people to buy your tv's/mirrorcast please.

Option to intall another version of androuid that sony has played with (not jsut the generic sony stripped down version) but with something that has more lfare and creativity.