account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Volume Too Low

One time poster
Message 51 of 58
Message 51 of 58

Re: Volume is poor on all aspects of the phone

Sony I've had zx premium from it's release date won't be long until I've had your product for a year now..... Fix the sound level being ridiculously low or people are going to walk..... 

Learner
Message 52 of 58
Message 52 of 58

Re: Volume Too Low

For me worked perfectly turn off DSEE HX and turn on ClearAudio+ and dynamic nornaliser. It's pretty loud now. Sound is still nicely crisp and clear. I didn't notice big difference between turned on and turned off DSEE HX, only sometimes on some tracks (might be because I use Spotify or Tidal instead of some ordinary player). On Tidal is SQ best I head from cell phone device.

Learner
Message 53 of 58
Message 53 of 58

And Dynamic nornaliser works extremely good gong Xperia XZ Premium... Spotify isiusually a bit quiet in compare withwother players but with nornaliser it's just sames loud as others. First time that this function really works and works properly. 

Learner
Message 54 of 58
Message 54 of 58

I have tested a few phones, and it seems Sony worst of them all in terms of audio quality and level , there are equal contenders ofc.

#3 SAMSUNG and SONY

#2 NOKIA Huawei

#1 MOTOROLLA is LOUD! this was some phone that was under 30$ new! Slightly smiling Face

#unknown, HTC is not tested... a Mystery currently, but im sure they are above mid.

Some Handsets Exhibit audio output that I can only describe as trashy*, maybe due to bad dac? (should I care?). Samsung tablet was much more loud than their phone range... but £800 Samsung was really bad, barely audiable, using apple headphones.

Sony cares zero about what users think anymore. I think they are killing it of before selling the mobile arm to someone.

what brought me here? I had perfect sounding Aqua M4 that broke several times due to: (LED torch died) (board corrupted started to turn off by self) so...

SONY sent me Xperia XA as replacement, I was thrilled! Slightly smiling Face

but then Poof* illusion gone... Slightly frowning Face sound level was real bad..... not only low, but also trashy like a cheap HTC from 2011. Checked same handset in the store with same results and its not my handset!

Example given, PROOF OF QUALITY ISSUE WITH SONY XPERIA XA 

above link takes you to Youtube where I have uploaded video where I have recorded same song with both, Aqua M4 which is visible (from sides), and mid section is produced via line out from Xperia XA, same settings were used (one with ehancments) one without aka (clean out).

if link dead search for Xperia M4 vs Xperia XA

result is you can hear that Aqua M4 is superior to XA even given the fact that its  reproducing an MP3 Darude sanstorm type of a track. Slightly smiling Face

Anyone with good ears can understand that its a chip issue. meaning some makers of handset internals opted out for CPU that is sh** at processing audio.

Enthusiast
Message 55 of 58
Message 55 of 58

Speakers

Upper speaker produce more clearer and louder sound and lower sound way dimly and it's much quieter. My friend have samsung S7 and it's way louder then my stereo phone. Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 56 of 58
Message 56 of 58

Re: Volume is to low need it 🔊

I do not use headphones all I am asking how  I can get my phone volume higher please

Visitor
Message 57 of 58
Message 57 of 58

So what about those of us that are loosing our hearing or at quality of hearing through old age or work 

Visitor
Message 58 of 58
Message 58 of 58

This is stupid, I'm an engineer by trade and I have to wear ear protection as part of my work but they only slow down the process of hearing loss as the protection in itself isn't good for your ears, so I'm not allowed to hear music because my hearing isn't perfect enough to be damaged by the highest setting on my premium xz