account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Volume Too Low

Learner
Message 41 of 58
Message 41 of 58

Re: Volume Too Low

So I've got a XZ Premium recently running the latest systemsoftware .120, but I've also noticed that the sound (at least via my in-ears Sony MDR-NC750) is too low. Especially when watching Netflix. Spotify for instance seems to be ok. Anyone else noticed that? It may be a Netflix issue.

Sony phones since 2004
Learner
Message 42 of 58
Message 42 of 58

Recently my phone also having very low volume, it was not like this previously. Last

time my phone also having loud sound. I notice the different is, when I adjust the volume of phone when playing media, I am not adjusting the media volume, instead, I am adjusting the call-in volume. Why there is a call-in volume? How can I remove the call in volume?

Message 43 of 58
Message 43 of 58

@Jours wrote:

Recently my phone also having very low volume, it was not like this previously. Last

time my phone also having loud sound. I notice the different is, when I adjust the volume of phone when playing media, I am not adjusting the media volume, instead, I am adjusting the call-in volume. Why there is a call-in volume? How can I remove the call in volume?

does the same thing happens in safe mode? it might be a third party app interfering.

Learner
Message 44 of 58
Message 44 of 58

I dint try it on safe mode, i restart my phone and problem solved, no more in-call volume appear while playing music or movie, everything is back to normal and the volume is loud and clear now. 

Learner
Message 45 of 58
Message 45 of 58

Hi All, I feel like such an idiot - I was experiencing the same problem so I went to my service provider and they had a look at the phone just to find that it is a user interface problem. I hadn't taken off the screen protector that came with the phone and the speakers are in the front. Once I took the factory screen protector off - everything sounds like it should! 

Z73
One time poster
Message 46 of 58
Message 46 of 58

Re: Volume is poor on all aspects of the phone

Those that are still having issues with their sony xz series smartphone need to power off their phones and power on and volumes will be back to normal

Visitor
Message 47 of 58
Message 47 of 58

Headphone volume with my XZ is terrible and extremely frustrating. In a quiet environment it's fine but on a busy street, it's pretty much useless.

Apprentice
Message 48 of 58
Message 48 of 58

I still have the same problem my old phone (s5) better that XZ what the problem with you Sony..?

One time poster
Message 49 of 58
Message 49 of 58

I have the same problem, it's so disappointing, sometimes I can't even hear the other person on the line as well. I have been looking for a while for a solution for this problem with no luck.

Adviser
Message 50 of 58
Message 50 of 58

This is a joke right ? New XZ1 Compact it has a REDICULOUS LOW volume. My Z3 Compact is 2 times louder. SONY PLEASE FIX.