account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Volume Too Low

Adept
Message 21 of 58
Message 21 of 58

Volume?????

Why is the volume low?

Forum Legend
Message 22 of 58
Message 22 of 58

Re: Volume?????

sound is very subjective, I suggest to have an identical device for comparison.. try to visit a sony service center to have it checked and compared Local support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Adviser
Message 23 of 58
Message 23 of 58

Re: Volume Too Low

Hi watershipbrakey,

Im not an expert but I just wanted to tell my experience now in my Sony Xperia XZ Premium.

I am using Sony MDR-NC750 and its quite good in the music part. Its even better if you have Hi-Res music like flac extension files. 

Using the headset, its enough for my ears to be comfortable with the volume. The quality of the music is good and it doesnt have distortions at max volume. But I will admit, for some music files, I have to lower the volume atleast 2 times because its loud already for my ears. I think its because of the conversion.

Search for High Bitrate mp3 also like 320 kbps instead of 128. I think the quality of higher bitrates are better.

On the speaker side, I will admit that its not as loud as the HTC boom sound. In noisy surroundings, t he speaker will not be enough. In the indoors, like inside your room, the speaker is fine but not the best. 

Note: Sometimes, the volume of the sound depends on the content you are playing. (i.e. lower volume sound because of conversion). Even at maximum volume, the mobile cannot do anything as the range of the content is low. The blame is not always on the smartphone Slightly smiling Face

I hope you can get something.

Thanks

Message 24 of 58
Message 24 of 58

Re: Volume Too Low

I use MP3's at 320 normally so quality isn't the issue. All I can do is compare it to my HTC which needed a volume setting in my car, via Bluetooth, of around 30% for which I considered loud. My XZP needs a volume of 65% in the car to be somewhere close but because it's louder via the car speakers, I also get the noise associated with using a Bluetooth device which is also charging.

Adept
Message 25 of 58
Message 25 of 58

Yes, I'm using my wife's iPhone 6 with the same sennheiser wired jack headphones to listen to music.  IPhone is much better. 

One time poster
Message 26 of 58
Message 26 of 58

Hi,

The volume is just too small compared to my other eqipment to drive it full.

I hope very much the Sony team with an update the problem quickly fixes.

MFG

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 58
Message 27 of 58

@nolramlb wrote:

sound is very subjective, I suggest to have an identical device for comparison.. try to visit a sony service center to have it checked and compared Local support

Actually that is the most objective issue for this phone...Please read all XZP reviews or user opinions.Haven't you ever tried to compare to the other phones for speaker loudness ? If you have not this explains everything : http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sony-Xperia-XZ-Premium-Review_id4356/page/3  Just go to at the end of the page and look those miserable sound values.

Message 28 of 58
Message 28 of 58

Thank you for proof! 

The XZP is near the bottom with awful stats of 0.36db for headphones and 70 for speakers. My direct comparison has been the HTC One M9 which clocks in at 1.022db and 72.8 respectively. That makes my XZP a little more than 60% quieter on headphones (and, I assume, the same via Bluetooth). Not good.

Talent
Message 29 of 58
Message 29 of 58

The figures for the headphones regard voltage you can´t hear stuff that is just 1 db - also I don´t think there should be a direct correlation between mic out voltage and Bluetooth output volume - I own both the xperia XZ Premium and the Xperia XZ and my first impression was that the Premium´s speakers are a bit better but holding them side by side I could not hear any difference. 

Using headsets they worked the same on both devices so far - I did not notice any difference neither on Bluethoot nor cable. 

But it does cut down the volume after a while when using earphones - you get a notice and then can turn it up again. (EU / Germany here) 

Message 30 of 58
Message 30 of 58

You're comparing like to like though - the XZ has stats of 0.35 and 68 so what you are experiencing is exactly what the stats would suggest you should. 

Compared to other makes and models, though, the Sony's are performing badly.