account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Volume Too Low

Learner
Message 11 of 58
Message 11 of 58

Volume is poor on all aspects of the phone

The volume is terribly low when I'm on a phone call can't even hear the other person on the line and the volume is set to maximum and it sounds like an ant can't hear anything when some calls don't even hear it ringing,  I can only tell its ringing if I'm holding the phone at the same time someone is ringing me.

Sony I've been waiting so long for this phone and it's disappointing you need to sort this out 

PTJ
One time poster
Message 12 of 58
Message 12 of 58

Re: Xperia XZ loudspeaker very soft

I've been on a couple of forums and it seems to be a problem with all xz premiums mine is exactly the same 

Message 13 of 58
Message 13 of 58

Re: Volume is poor on all aspects of the phone

There have been some complaints about the streo speakers being a little low but this is the first I have read about phone call volume. 

Are you using a ring tone that is naturally quiet?

You may have to do a factory reset to get things working properly.

Learner
Message 14 of 58
Message 14 of 58

Re: Volume is poor on all aspects of the phone

I've done a factory reset as advised by Sony but nothing changes, and I'm using a very loud ring tone

Message 15 of 58
Message 15 of 58

Re: Volume Too Low

Funny thing happened yesterday in the car - I was using my Bluetooth connection to play music when I got a warning about prolonged loud music, so it turned it down to 60% and I could barely hear it. 

It's stupid. Sony, do you have a response or do I return my phone? 

Message 16 of 58
Message 16 of 58

@watershipbrakey

This is a hearing safety measure found in mostly every modern Android phone, and the frequency of this warning to appear depends on your region/market laws and safety guidelines. Some markets will require this warning to be shown every "x" hours of music playback, while others will show it once and never again after dismissing it.

You can still turn the volume up again after dismissing the warning.

More reads here:

http://thetechchap.com/volume-warning-turning-your-phone-up/

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Message 17 of 58
Message 17 of 58

The point is, it's not loud to begin with! It is, by far, the quietest phone I've ever had. 

Message 18 of 58
Message 18 of 58

@watershipbrakey

That's a separate issue there, I was answering to your Warning part of the question. Overall device volume can always be increased by a software update (done before with Xperia Z5 series).

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 19 of 58
Message 19 of 58

But will overall device volume be increased and why do Sony keep on messing it up? 

Adviser
Message 20 of 58
Message 20 of 58

My issue is I'd be using the headphone jack for audio output to my car head unit and I'd get the volume warning and drop halfway through my journey. It's very annoying as I'm using my car volume control anyway so it's just a nuisance. Have to pull over to adjust it. Pretty poor software choices.