account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Volume Too Low

Message 2 of 58
Message 2 of 58

Volume Too Low

The volume on my device is way too quiet on every type of output. The speakers when watching a video are too quiet, the volume using wired headphones is too quiet and the volume when using Bluetooth connectivity is too quiet.

At full volume, it distorts, so I have it set to two notches down from the maximum and, roughly, it's about 50% as loud as my HTC One M9 was when that was set to a volume setting about half way up it's scale. 

What's going on!? I bought this phone because of my love for music and it's letting me down, badly 😡

57 REPLIES 57
One time poster
Message 1 of 58
Message 1 of 58

Speaker too quiet

Hi

Has determined that the sounds (vol. To maximum) are too quiet. When it is telephoning it is so it goes so long well until light secondary noise since then it is out and you understand nothing more.accusively so it is with videos and the music.
Maybe you could adjust the value in the software to fix this

mfg

Master Chief

One time poster
Message 3 of 58
Message 3 of 58

Re: Volume Too Low

same problem with my xz premium   .  And to hear the touch sound , I need to stick my ear to one of the speakers. Because if not heard nothing.  😡  Then the headphone output is heard quite low even at the maximum volume.   This is not normal ! 😡

Highlighted
Message 4 of 58
Message 4 of 58

No official response yet - is there a problem here!? 

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 58
Message 5 of 58

Yeah I can't t actually understand why Sony is doing that but all volumes are really really too low

Message 6 of 58
Message 6 of 58

just curious, does music via wired headphones on XZP is quieter than on other smartphones using the same headphones? like, can some of you make a side-by-side comparison? I'm asking because I've always read complaints about headset volume being too low on any phone I've owned while the volume always seemed fine to me.

Veteran
Message 7 of 58
Message 7 of 58

I am still waiting for my XZ Premium to come but on XZ tbe headphone volume is ok. 

Moze wcale nie taki najodleglejszy? Slightly smiling Face 

Translation via Google translate:

Maybe not so distant? Slightly smiling Face

Message 8 of 58
Message 8 of 58

Yes, using the same headphones the volume is approximately 50% quieter. Monster Beats and Marshall EQ are both the same - 90% volume on my XZP is about the same as 45% volume on my HTC One M9.

Rookie
Message 9 of 58
Message 9 of 58

I have that problem too

Low volum

My girlfriend have the new Sansung S8+ moutch better volum in this

Whar the problem whit SONY ?

One time poster
Message 10 of 58
Message 10 of 58

Audio volume too low on calls