account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Volte service in xz premium

Highlighted
Adept
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: VoLTE in XZP?

I have Jio in my XZ Premium. Volte is working fine for me. Go to settings->More->Mobile Networks->Select JIO sim->enable VoLTE

Pioneer
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

Re: VoLTE support in Xperia xz premium

@sagar13

Xperia devices don't bring IMS/RCS settins for all regions/carriers in one. So to have VoLTE in your region your device has to be manufactured for your specific region. Alternatively you may install firmware for your region, but there is no an official way to do so. Look for an unofficial way on XDA. I was able to reflash my device this way to have VoLTE in my region. Also make sure that XZP is in your carrier's list of VoLTE-capable devices.

Apprentice
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

Here network is jio which supports volte. When inserted sim it should show volte but it doesn't where as in other mobiles it does. Cause of not volte we should use jio app for making calls. If there is volte there is no need of app for making calls 

Yes it supports volte. Could you please gimme the link to flash the firmware to India. 

Pioneer
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

The firmware may be selected and downloaded by XperiFirm tool and flashed by newflasher tool.

Apprentice
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

Thank you for sharing. Will go through 

Learner
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

Xz premium has volte. I bought it and I updated it to oreo. it was so cool. The problem was that I couldn't use volte. So I flashed it to Indian firmware. Still, there was no volte.  I regret it. I just found that the problem was with my jio sim. I inserted my friend's jio sim and I the wonder. I could use volte feature with his sim. I inserted my sim in his volte supported phone and it was the same for him. There was no problem. There are some jio sim cards that doesn't support volte lurking around everywhere I guess. I recommend you to insert someone else's volte sim card and test it. You can have sim replacement from jio's customer service centers. 

Peace ✌️ 

Apprentice
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

Bro how did you changed your firmware could you pleasetell me the processof doing that 

Emperor
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

@sagar13

check @Warrior4505 other post

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1085433

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

Re: Volte service in xz premium

@CameronT wrote:

Hi @Sajujacob, welcome to the community.

VoLTE is controlled by the network, but the XZ Premium does indeed support it. Your network may need to push an update to your handset to use it though.

I recommend you contact your network and ask if they support VoLTE on this handset.

Are there any plans to get support for VoLTE/Wifi Calling on XZ Premium on T-Mobile as there is on the XZ1/XZ1C? It seems silly that what are functionally the same devices (besides screen resolution/size) cannot both have VoLTE certification.

One time poster
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

@Warrior4505 : Can you help us with the process you followed to flash your XZP with an Indian firmware. I was able to find a link to download XZP Dual Stock Rom after googling a bit:

But I am a bit scared to try it out. It would be great if you could share the process or could confirm that you followed the similar steps as mentioned here Flashing XZP