account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Video image enhancement not work

Regular
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Video image enhancement not work

The problem has always been there since the upgrade of pie until this version.

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

@Re: Video image enhancement not work

@VantaBlack 

could you elaborate?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: @Re: Video image enhancement not work

This feature increases video resolution, and I used to feel the text in the video more clearly in Android 8.0, but it didn't work after upgrade to 9.0.

Regular
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Re: Video image enhancement not work

By the way, I'd like to ask if you can raise the temperature threshold of underclocking,or at least not decrease the screen brightness when the temperature rises, the brightness of the XZP screen is not high, when the weather gets hot, it's so hard to play games😅 thanks a lot~

Emperor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@VantaBlack 

This is a global user based forum, so you will have to send your feedback to Sony, keep in mind that it doesn't seem likely that it'll happen as that could damage the device.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

me too!!Weary Face

Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@Avril wrote:

me too!!Weary Face

It works... To know the difference... Record a video using your phone camera on something natural.. the green leaves or greenery around you. Then play the video and visualise it and then pause go to display settings turn off video enhancement and return to the video play it. Visualise again and then turn on video image enhancement and play the video again.. u can see difference in colour content of the leaves.. u also feel a little extra brightness without video enhancement like shade... Ofcorse sometimes it's not that visible.. it depends on colour content of the video..

After pie update, guess there has been some changes to DRM features , which might have contributed to less special effects I don't know..  anyway.. something is there ,anyway all we can do is have what we have...

Regular
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Screenshot_20190508-193912.png

Screenshot_20190508-193953.pngNot enhanced

Screenshot_20190508-194002.pngEnhanced

Screenshot_20190508-194013.pngNot enhanced

Screenshot_20190508-194021.pngEnhanced

I judge by the lines. When the video is enhanced, the lines in the distance become clearer, but this only takes effect when the video is paused (pause the video and turn off, turn on enhancement)  and will expire when I continue to play.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

actually i did not unlock  xzp until now...  

the most intuitive eye feeling is

There is no difference between opening and closing X-Reality for  mobile on XZP 9.0 10.45 version...:Frowning2:

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@Avril wrote:

actually i did not unlock  xzp until now...  

the most intuitive eye feeling is

There is no difference between opening and closing X-Reality for  mobile on XZP 9.0 10.45 version...:Frowning2:

Did u unlock bootloader? Or you just unlocked network?