account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to mouth USB - missing in settings

Commissioner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Unable to mouth USB - missing in settings

Hi. I'm unable to connect my USB to Xperia XZP. There's missing feature in settings to search/detect for USB (according this manual https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiaxz/userguide/connecting-your-device-to-usb-peripherals/). What should I do. I've tried software repair, but it is still missing...Screenshot_20170917-201429.png

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
5 REPLIES
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to mouth USB - missing in settings

Have you tried making sure the charging port isn't dirty?

I had same problem and I cleaned charging port with a toothpick and it fixed the issue.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

It doesn't work since out-of-box (week ago). And even if the port was dirty, there still should option search for usb device in phone settings, but it's missing...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Some firmware versions may differ to yours.

Try enabling USB Debugging mode in developer options.

To enable developer options:

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > About phone.
  3. Tap Build number until the message You are now a developer appears.

Once developer options are enabled, go back to Settings, go in to Developer Options, and enable USB debugging.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I have XZ Premium Dual Central Europe 1

Pioneer
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

USB storage is mounted automatically when you connect it while the screen is on. Also note that USB storage is blocked by a sony's stupid security policy if your SD card is encrypted (you'll see a notification in this case). If you don't see anything, then there may be an unsupported filesystem.