account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

USB port on Toyota Aygo

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

USB port on Toyota Aygo

Hello,

I have a simple question:

I am able to connect my I-Phone to the USB port on my car, and then I can control the music through the car's touch display.

When I connect my Sony ZX to the same port, it only allows for recharging the phone, but the uplink to the car's audio system does not work. 

Does anyone know if there is any workaround so that my Sony works exactly as my I-Phone?

Thank you

MB

3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: USB port on Toyota Aygo

Have you checked with Toyota if they support Android as well as IOS to interface to the car's infotainment system?

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

not yet, because I thought it would work right out of the box like with my I-Phone.

I will do so shortly.

Thanks

Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Some car manufacturers have chosen to support Iphone/IOS over Android, others chose the opposite.

If your infotainment does not support Android any good via USB, perhaps you can connect to it with Bluetooth instead?