account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Touchscreen doesn't react or react with a lot of delay

Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Touchscreen doesn't react or react with a lot of delay

i have issues with my XZ Premium touchscreen. A lot of times it doesn't react or react with a lot of delay.it's like it's frozen and stuck. Have to push a button 4 times before it reacts also happens with swiping.Also it's like my fingers get glued to the screen when swiping and using virtual joysticks in games. Hope it's a software issue and you will fix this issue with and update soon. I have the latest firmware update installed. No need to say i am very disappointed about the screen.

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Touchscreen issues

Hi @dennisxperiaz,

Do you have a screen protector on your phone?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I do have a screen protector and facing the same issues like the user above. Does it have anything to do? In case affirmative, should we risk the phone without protection?

Thanks

PC

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Try these methods one after the other. Verify whether the problem was solved after each method, before trying the next one.

• Make sure you have removed the temporary transparent protection film that covers the screen when you first buy your Xperia™ device. You recognise this temporary protection film by its protruding tab. If you don’t remove the temporary film, the touchscreen might not respond correctly. You should replace the temporary protection film with a screen protection film that is specifically intended for your Xperia™ model. Note! Make sure not to remove the ASF (anti-shatter film), if your device has one.
  • Check the touchscreen performance by using Diagnostics or the Service menu.
  • Wipe the screen with a clean and dry cloth to make sure that your display is clean. Make sure that your hands and fingers are clean and dry before using the touchscreen.
  • If you have applied a screen protection film, make sure it's specifically intended for your Xperia™ model. Make sure that the screen protection film is properly fitted and that there are no air bubbles, dust or moisture under the film.
  • Remove any protective case, screen protection film or cover to verify it's not interfering with the touchscreen. 
  • Restart/Force restart your device.
  • Disable Magnification gestures in the Accessibility settings menu. If Magnification gesture is enabled by mistake, the touch may be slowed down as designed.
  • For devices with Glove mode: If you perceive the touchscreen as too sensitive, check if Glove Mode is on. If it's on, turn it off.
  • If you're using the touchscreen while charging, make sure that you are using an original Sony charger and USB cable specifically intended for charging your device. Other chargers may have a negative impact on the touch functionality of the screen.
  • If there is a memory card in your device, remove it and restart the device. If removing the memory card solves the issue, your SD card may be damaged. In this case you need to get a replacement SD card for your Xperia™ device.
  • Use Safe mode to check if any downloaded applications are causing the problem. If the device’s performance improves in Safe mode, it’s likely that one or more of your post-purchase downloaded applications are affecting the device negatively. You can exit Safe mode and restart the device to uninstall the application or applications that you suspect are causing the problem. If the problem is recent and you're not sure which application is causing the problem, you can start by uninstalling the most recently downloaded application.
  • Update your Xperia™ device to a new software version using Xperia™ Companion or the Software update feature in the Settings menu (wireless update).
  • Perform a factory data reset or perform a software repair using Xperia™ Companion. Note! If possible, back up all personal data before performing a software repair. All data in the internal memory is overwritten during a software repair. Content on an external SD card is kept.
  • Contact your retailer or a Sony Mobile repair partner. Note! Before handing the phone over for service, if possible, back up all your data to avoid possible data loss. Data on the device gets deleted when examined. Don't forget to bring proper documentation, for example, proof of purchase and warranty card. The documentation required may vary depending on market, country or region. If possible, deactivate Protection by my Xperia and remove the Google™ accounts on your device before sending it in for service or repair to prevent Protection by my Xperia or Google™ Device Protection from locking your device.
Below is more detailed information on how to perform some of the steps listed above. Android™ 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 7.0 or 7.1 To disable Magnification gestures
  1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Accessibility > Magnification gestures.
  3. Drag the slider beside On to the left.
Android™ 7.0 or 7.1 To turn off Glove mode
  1. From your Home screen, tap the Applications screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings Display Glove mode.
  3. Drag the slider beside On to the left.
Android™ 5.0, 5.1 or 6.0 To turn off Glove mode
  1. From your Home screen, tap the Applications screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Display > Glove mode.
  3. Drag the slider beside Glove mode to the left.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

It seems that touchscreen issue had nothing to do with the touchscreen. You cannot properly touch because the system suddenly slowed down. For example, when i received multiple emails and meeting reminders or right now my group chat keep popping and make the reply to this thread very laggy.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

My problem has been solved!

After many trials and errors, I found that the root cause was the network compatibility. 

Thats why some people were able to solve this problem by changing firmware to other countries or regions (because the phone will not wrongly optimize blah blah blah about the network that pop ups when you insert a sim card). 

My XZ premium is the dual variant. Strangely, when I switch my primary sim card to the second sim tray, I got no more lag and touch issue. 

When I changed the sim card to another operator, no lag and touch effect at all whether on tray 1 or 2.

If you have dual sim variant, you may try what I did. Otherwise, your best bet is to go to your telco and ask for sim replacement(in case you have any luck on that), flashing firmware from another country, or wait for Sony to fix this bug.

So far, it seems that Sony hasnt been able to address this issue.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@CameronT wrote:
 Disable Magnification gestures in the Accessibility settings menu. If Magnification gesture is enabled by mistake, the touch may be slowed down as designed.

I was about to post a bug report - but if it's intended cool.

It's only on the pages that are able to be zoomed in on too, so it makes sense... - the drop down quick settings and other secure settings and secret menu have no lag.

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Kraivuth wrote:

My problem has been solved!

After many trials and errors, I found that the root cause was the network compatibility. 

Thats why some people were able to solve this problem by changing firmware to other countries or regions (because the phone will not wrongly optimize blah blah blah about the network that pop ups when you insert a sim card). 

My XZ premium is the dual variant. Strangely, when I switch my primary sim card to the second sim tray, I got no more lag and touch issue. 

When I changed the sim card to another operator, no lag and touch effect at all whether on tray 1 or 2.

If you have dual sim variant, you may try what I did. Otherwise, your best bet is to go to your telco and ask for sim replacement(in case you have any luck on that), flashing firmware from another country, or wait for Sony to fix this bug.

So far, it seems that Sony hasnt been able to address this issue.

Wow thanks, that is a really surprising finding. My XZ1 is also dual variant and it also lags. But how do you flash it since Flashtool does not support XZP and XZ1 currently?

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Re: Touchscreen doesn't react or react with a lot of delay

hello. my xz1 has the same problems. Any way to fix it? change sim slot, flash other country 's firmware?

so which is the best country to choose?