account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Touch issue - rhythm game

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Touch issue - rhythm game

Hello Xperia Support Forums,

I am thinking of buying an sd835 phone and xzp is one of my option(xzp vs 5t).

The purpose of buying a new phone is specifically playing japanese games(fgo/cgss/mltd).

With this, may i know if someone here plays Idolmaster Cinderella Girl - Starlight Stage/Million Live Theater days and may i request for your inputs while playing on xzp.

Also, while doing some research, it seems that there are cases of touch issues currently on xzp with some user have no fix on it. With this may i know if you are encountering issues while playing rhythm games.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Touch issue - rhythm game

Hope I can help, I am a user of XZP since it's launch and also played the above games you mentioned.

I play Starlight Stage, Million Live, Tokimeki Idol, Girlfriend Note, Love Live School Idol Festival.

This phone runs the above games fine before the Oreo update, after update there seem to be some stutters here and there..they are minor though and games should be still playable if you don't mind those issues.

For the touchscreen issue, mine had it but was fixed after sending it to Sony service center and they replaced my touchscreen. From my observation, there seem to be a bad batch floating around. 

There is also WiFi issue where it will start dropping for no reason until you restart the device. Not sure how many are affected...but mine is and my phone is still with service center, they keep telling me they are still testing it...

Having said all this...until Sony fix the wifi issue, I do not recommend any SD835 phones from Sony, (eg. XZ Premium, XZ1 and XZ1 Compact)

XZ2 and XZ2 Compact seem to not have the wifi issue so far and it's a very powerful phone as well. However, it seem to have some touchscreen precision problem, you can read more about it here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ2-Compact/XZ2-and-XZ2-Compact-Screen-sensitivity-issues/td-p...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz2/how-to/xz2-touchscreen-sensitivity-issues-t3776021

I do not own the XZ2 yet as I am waiting for XZ2 Premium so can't comment how much it may affect this type of games. Just something to take note.

I now uses the Pixel 2 XL and could recommend it for these games, as the OLED panel had faster response rate and had very low input latency, which is lower than the XZP. It also do not have that strange stutter issue. Some of these games had also recieved patch to support 18:9 aspect ratio.

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Touch issue - rhythm game

Thank you very much for your reply. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

For now I will hold on buying xzp.