account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Things I would like to see on XZ Premium

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 31 of 37
Message 31 of 37

Re: Things I would like to see on XZ Premium

Another vote for double tap to turn screen on

Thanks

PC

Apprentice
Message 32 of 37
Message 32 of 37

Im really liking this phone, it was an upgrade from my copper z3 (wich now my sister uses) had it since mid June. And the first thing I noticed missing and I STILL do after 3 months are: 

1: the obvious DT2W, didn't complain before cause I took for granted that Sony *silly me* simply forgotten in some way and were going to adding it again soon. Since its like a very basic feature that 90% of the phones in the market has and people actually use. 

DT2W as I see it is a much simpler and comfortable way to look at the lockscreen, know time and check notifications, instead of pressing the power buttom (which is uncomfortable to do when the phone is on a desk f.e) and also because of fp reader it unlocks fast (a good thing)  but causes me to focus on the very little clock at the side at the battery and having to swipe down to check notifications. It may not seem like too much, but come on, its just ruin the user experience and the "simple"  way of doing things. 

2- the built in screen recorder, I used that so much in my z3 and, again, simple using the power buttom, why do I have to download a 3Rd party app, that I dont know if it drains battery,  and also has adds? Paying for something I had before """for free""" (buying a Sony phone)? 

3- Xperia keyboard..   swiftkey?  Disabled 1st day, and it bothers me that I can't even uninstall it. (had to download Xperia keyboard from google, wich is not longer capable of changing aspects and matching the rest of the SO with themes)

4-  idk if this happened with all xzp but mine the album app wasnt installed, instead xame with gphotos app, wich every time I mean EVERY time I tried to watch a 960 fps video I made, it freezed and then force closed. 

If we wanted android stock we would watch over pixel phones, you had some very special apps and usefull features and are cutting them down, (such as the recent track ID closing) I preffered this app over shazam every time, it was just faster, good looking and accurate. Even now I refuse to install shazam, it lagged on my ex z3 very badly. 

If you want to remove something for the sake of it, remove lifelog, whats new,  Xperia lounge, I have those disabled since day 1 in 2014, first with my z3 and now xzp.. Nobody use them, im in various fb Xperia groups and really, nobody use those apps, instead when track ID closed it was filled with complains about that.

Oh and dont get me wrong, I really like this phone, like, VERY much, but I simply can't understand the decisions you are making 

Adviser
Message 33 of 37
Message 33 of 37

Double tap to wake please! Why remove such a convenient feature on a flagship?! 

Regular
Message 34 of 37
Message 34 of 37

Double tap to wake is a nice feature. But it also should involve the proximity sensor check! When the phone is in the pocket, it double taps itself against leg, and makes random things when the screen is unlocked.

The development team, have you ever held a Xiaomi phone? Did you hear of GravityBox? Please turn your brains on, serve us, because we're paying. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 35 of 37
Message 35 of 37

I'd really appreciate double tap to wake too! 

Adviser
Message 36 of 37
Message 36 of 37

Double Tap to Wake

Fingerprint unlock without pressing the physical button

qHD resolution option

These things that a last year flagship phone is doing so well.

One time poster
Message 37 of 37
Message 37 of 37

Funny thing is that they've removed double tap to wake/sleep feature "for the sake of simplifying software, and get faster updates, and to keep stock android experience" but now on the new xperia xz3 they've added "Side sense" which requires a double tap on the side screen to activate.. A feature that never anybody asked for.. And it's not a stock android feature, what's up with that?

I really don't get it