account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

The XZ Premium won't receive display flash in a future update.

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

The XZ Premium won't receive display flash in a future update.

Sony confirmed it via PM on Twitter.

Let's also forget dialer since it's only for 8.0 phones out of the box. 

7 REPLIES 7
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: The XZ Premium won't receive display flash in a future update.

My xz premium was 8.0 out of the box. I want my dialer!)

Highlighted
Talent
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Very bad Sony

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Unfortunately, the XZ Premium was released with Android 7.1 . Sony screwed the XZP by 3 months due to late availability (Early June) . 

When a new major software update is available ,new phones come with it instead of the initial software but that doesn't change the fact that the XZP was released with 7.1. 

Funny is the fact the XA2 has Treble and the XZ Premium doesn't .The Essential phone will recieve treble after it got released . 

Also, the software number of the XZP is the same as the XZ1 and XZ1 Compact... 

Talent
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I do not know why no  do not put flash display, It should not be too hard to put that function in an update, I'm very disappointed with the developers of Sony Xperia

Talent
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5/themes/app-snapdragon-caf-8-0-music-fx-camera-t3725339 Just download Snapdragon camera apk from here and it will work
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Interesting how about today's news. Sony xzp is under Google certificate for next 3 years. That means they should software support it for next 3 years. Looks like it's pin under the nail for Sony .

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@NNoverwhile I'd love to receive new features on my XZ Premium, any kind of certificate by Google (I assume you meant Android Enterprise Recommended certificate?) doesn't mean that the phone will be getting them - it's mostly about timely security updates.