account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

The Phone app is not updated in Oreo

Learner
Message 21 of 51
Message 21 of 51

Android 8.0 oreo interface not different old interface

My phone update android 8.0 Oreo, but incoming calls interface is old android interface same and Xperia assist is not show anything. Not different old interface and new interface. Please help me. Screenshot_20171116-223620.pngMy phone incoming calls interface

Screenshot_20171116-223724.pngSony official android 8.0 video, calling interface

Commissioner
Message 22 of 51
Message 22 of 51

Re: Still no New Dialer UI and Display flash 47.1.A.5.51

i sow just now sony update XZ1 to November security patch with same number 47.1.A.5.51 like XZ Premium. can anyone check it and tell us has it new dialer app or it change to the old one like XZP. because still we didnt get the new dialer Ui

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 51
Message 23 of 51

I have some bad news. I contacted my local support and they said that the XZP isn't getting the new Dialer. It's for Xperias which have 8.0 out of the box and even though the XZP was updated to Oreo, it won't get it. Also I asked about Display flash and they just said that the XZP doesn't have this feature....

Way to treat a flagship Sony..... 😪 

Commissioner
Message 24 of 51
Message 24 of 51

something wrong with that. because Sony usergide shows Xperia xz premium has new dialer. it shows slide up to answer and slide down do reject.

@Lazaros_K wrote:

I have some bad news. I contacted my local support and they said that the XZP isn't getting the new Dialer. It's for Xperias which have 8.0 out of the box and even though the XZP was updated to Oreo, it won't get it. Also I asked about Display flash and they just said that the XZP doesn't have this feature....

Way to treat a flagship Sony..... 😪 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 51
Message 25 of 51

Re: The Phone app is not updated in Oreo

Hi Everyone,

You might experience that the new incoming call screen that let's you swipe up to answer a call, and swipe down to reject a call, is only available in Xperia devices released with Android 8.0 (Oreo). Devices released with a lower Android version will not receive this feature, even if they are updated to Android 8.0 (Oreo). This is by design.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 51
Message 26 of 51

At least the XZP deserves to have the New Dialer...  It's the flagship of 2017.. 

Time to start an uprising! We got distortion fixes. Time to get new Dialer, Treble, Display Flash and other features from the XZ1... 

Commissioner
Message 27 of 51
Message 27 of 51

If it is like that why Sony show like this, in this case Sony has to update Xperia XZ Premium caller interface to new one. and why Xperia XZP is the 2017 June Release. why Sony cant update it to New Caller. i know they can and they will that's why they put it in User guide. 

See below PictureCapture.JPG

Commissioner
Message 28 of 51
Message 28 of 51

I don't know about the Display flash and others but they Should update Dialer to new one like Xperia XZ1. because Yesterday XZ1 got Same update number as 47.1.A.5.51. why Sony do like this to your Flagship Buyers. Actually not more time. it launched in this year June.

Message 29 of 51
Message 29 of 51

Out of curiosity, does the new dialer thingy offer new features or improves functionality or is it just a cosmetic change?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 51
Message 30 of 51

I believe is cosmetic, but the XZP should at leave gave gotten it because it's the larger sibling of the XZ1 series. 

I don't have an XZ1 so I don't really now if there are new functions.