account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

The Phone app is not updated in Oreo

Message 41 of 51
Message 41 of 51

Re: The Phone app is not updated in Oreo

OK, I installed this "new" version of the phone app...now can someone please tell me what is the difference from the system version that is pre-installed?

OK...I just read through this entire thread and see that everyone is complaining that with their "old" dialer/phone app, when they receive a call and the screen is locked that they must swipe either right or left to answer or reject the call...whereas the "new" dialer allows them to swipe either up or down to accept or reject the call.

OMG it's the end of the world...I still have to swipe to the right, or to the left...I can't swipe up or down...my phone is now relegated to being completely obsolete. I can't eat, I can't sleep, my trees are all dead...my hands and feet have grown numb, my vision is blurred.

People, get a grip! Let's complain about real problems that need to be fixed! The "old" dialer works just fine as it is. Sheesh!

Message 42 of 51
Message 42 of 51

Did you set it as default phone app and allow it to modify system settings? It is installable for Android version 7.0+

Message 43 of 51
Message 43 of 51

Not sure who you are replying to...but I was being sarcastic...you know facetious.

I think that for anyone to complain that the XZ Premium did not get the new dialer/phone app is absolutely a waste of thread space. The only difference that I am aware of is that you have to swipe right or left with the older version whereas you swipe up or down with the newer version. 

I installed it just fine, but then I uninstalled it because it adds nothing new of any consequence.

Message 44 of 51
Message 44 of 51

Yeah you are right. sorry I am new to the whole thing about posting and replying to the stuff. I am just disappointed that Sony didn't want to (I know they can but they will never will) update the stock dialer. Also I Know this isn't related to the topic that started this discussion but the assist app doesn't work as they advertised it The xz premium along with the xz1, xzs, and xz don't support voLte in us and possibly other countries, but the xz1 compact does, which makes absolutely no Sense. That's why I ported the new dialer to get it instead of wasting $700 or more again just to get the new dialer.

Message 45 of 51
Message 45 of 51

Hello, everyone, I have ported Sony's new dialer with new UI (Version 10.0) from official XZ1 lastest firmware to all Xperia devices running android nougat(7.0+) and up. I just modified the package name because it won't let you update the stock dialer app. Just install the apk and set it as default phone app and allow it to modify system settings. Tested on XZ Premium (G8141 & G8142) running latest non-rooted official stock Oreo. (Screenshots are below the download link) Don't forget to give this post Kudos if you found this helpful. Best Regards.

***As a bonus, I have ported the latest versions of the Xperia Calendar, Keyboard, and Messaging apps which are three awesome and amazing apps we all miss from Sony and were replaced with Google Calendar, SwiftKey keyboard, and Android Messages. Just make sure you take off the power-saving feature on the Messaging app and allow it to modify system settings.***

Xperia Dialer        Android 7.0+ (Nougat)

Xperia Calendar  Android 4.4+ (KitKat)

Xperia Keyboard Android 4.4+ (KitKat)

Xperia Messaging App Android 8.0+ (Oreo)

_20180105_163637.JPG

_20180105_163703.JPG

Screenshot_20180105-164115.png

_20180105_164707.JPG

Screenshot_20180105-164535.png

Talent
Message 46 of 51
Message 46 of 51

@SuperAaron1377

Thank you bro, Working fine for me. 

2 things :

The shortcut not working but after I call me from my second phone it's working fine.

Currently, Only The unread count badge (for missed calls)  not working. 

My phone Xz premium with Android 8.0. 

Message 47 of 51
Message 47 of 51

@Alaa

No problem Glad you like it.

The app shortcuts only work after you make a call and the unread badge count for missed calls do not work because it is not the stock phone app that comes preinstalled. To get them working you would have to flash the unmodified version, which will void the warranty of the phone and the DRM keys would be lost.

So for everyone who wants to keep their warranty, DRM Keys and not spend more than $700 on a new SONY Phone just to get the new dialer, I extracted the phone app from XZ1 official firmware and modified the package name to be installable.

Talent
Message 48 of 51
Message 48 of 51

ok

Thank you very much.

This is big shame from Sony mobile developers !!!

- No flash for front camera like on XZ1

- They removed some important features

- Some apps with old version

- Some apps cant be removing / uninstall

- No more any new features

and more...

Highlighted
PCK
Regular
Message 49 of 51
Message 49 of 51

But the dialer is not working on Xperia X...

App getting closed ...

Is there any fix for that?

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 51
Message 50 of 51

What version is the Dialer on the X with 8.0?