account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

The Phone app is not updated in Oreo

Learner
Message 31 of 51
Message 31 of 51

Xperia Assist app not working

No Assist

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 51
Message 32 of 51

Re: The Phone app is not updated in Oreo

Yeah okay. But what is the intention? It's just an app. I was excited for the update because of cosmetic changes. I don't get it.

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 51
Message 33 of 51

In XPERIA XZ Phone app is new on Android 8.0.0 so why XPERIA XZ Premium didn't get this. Or maybe it will get in next update?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 34 of 51
Message 34 of 51

Wow Sony... "Phones with 8.0 out of the box  only will have the new Caller ". The XZ just received Oreo and the new caller UI..... And the XZ started from 6.0.... We also better get it.. 

Message 35 of 51
Message 35 of 51

@tomo100brt @Lazaros_K where did you get info about the new call UI for XZ? can't find anything about it myself.

Enthusiast
Message 36 of 51
Message 36 of 51

At the Xperia XZ forums from XDA. A user with the XZ who upgraded to Oreo said it. 

Enthusiast
Message 37 of 51
Message 37 of 51

Just installed Android 8.0.0 on my Xz and no new phone app. Someone on XDA forum said there is new phone app but not true.

Message 38 of 51
Message 38 of 51

@Lazaros_K wrote:

At the Xperia XZ forums from XDA. A user with the XZ who upgraded to Oreo said it. 

there's just one guy there claiming there's "new call UI", and everyone else says they don't see it on their devices after the update.

Learner
Message 39 of 51
Message 39 of 51

Guys the new phone app on XDA forums works. I've installed it on my XZ premium and it works perfectly so far no bugs. It's the stock android one from the pixel phone but very similar to XZ1 style.

Here's a tutorial for those who wants to add it:

I've managed to find the Google pixel style dialer app from XDA forums and it works perfectly on my Xperia XZ premium running 8.0 oreo. The pixel style one looks similar to the one on the XZ1... Anyways for you guys that want it you need to:

(Guys I've only tested this on my XZ Premium and it works fine, so please download at your own risk, as I can't help fix anything that goes wrong) 

(This isn't mine, it's from a poster called 

iMarbot on the XDA forums, so full credit to him) 

1. Visit https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-google-dialer-t355741.../

2. Download the first attachment in the post which is " Google Phone 8.0.147081443 [Patched].apk" (newer versions seem to not work) 

3. Install the application, it will ask you to allow apps from unknown sources because it's not from the play store so make sure you have this enabled. 

4. Now you have to go to App permissions and click "Telephone", find the Phone app you just installed and enable it. 

5. Go to settings - Apps & notifications -  advance - Default apps - Phone app - and choose the phoneapp you just installed. 

As I've said I haven't had any problems with this app so far, it all works perfectly and makes the Xperia feel even more premium with the new look. I hope this helps everyone that wanted it for the XZ premium.

Screenshot_20171124-235744.jpgPicture of how it looks

Learner
Message 40 of 51
Message 40 of 51

Screenshot_20171125-073535.png

Screenshot_20171125-073524.png

Just replaced all  4 apps from Sony's to Google's. Feels pretty good! The phone  even has a bubble mode!! Wow! Now my phone looks like a "premium" one. Sony, looks what you made me do.  lol 

Thank you @Xperiafan0