account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

The Phone app is not updated in Oreo

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 51
Message 11 of 51

Re: The Phone app is not updated in Oreo

@uliwooly wrote:

@kenny-tetsuya

I'll escalate this but make sure to report this to Sony directly >>> Local support

The local Xperia Care Support has emailed back to me saying that they do not know if XZP will be updated to the new Phone app. It is up to the developers.

So how do we contact developers and let them know of this issue?

Learner
Message 12 of 51
Message 12 of 51

Hi,  is there any Sony team on this forum who can confirm whether the XZ Premium will get this update?  I think it'll be very nice if it does. 

Edit:

https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiaxzpremium/userguide/receiving-calls/

The support user guide online shows the new style for answering calls,  I'm guessing it was missed out by accident maybe? 

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 51
Message 13 of 51

We might get the new phone app with the November security patches and the fix for the Dual SIM XZPs 

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 51
Message 14 of 51

The security patch usually does not include any app updates though. But we'll see...

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 51
Message 15 of 51

@Xperiafan0 wrote:

https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiaxzpremium/userguide/receiving-calls/

The support user guide online shows the new style for answering calls,  I'm guessing it was missed out by accident maybe? 

This is very interesting. I hope they just made a small mistake that they forgot to update it to the new version.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 51
Message 16 of 51

Still no New Dialer UI and Display flash 47.1.A.5.51

Where are these features Sony?  The XZ1 and XZ1 Compact have them. Why can't the bigger sibling get them as well?

Commissioner
Message 17 of 51
Message 17 of 51

Re: Still no New Dialer UI and Display flash 47.1.A.5.51

We don't know dear. i am also thought it will come with the November update. but not. still there usergide shows slide up for answer and slide down for reject. 

we have to wait until they release it. don't try to use other apps. some times it may be crashed you phone. 

Don't forget to give Kudos.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 18 of 51
Message 18 of 51

However after upgrading the November patch there's nothing changed. The phone app is still the old version.

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 51
Message 19 of 51

@Lazaros_K wrote:

Where are these features Sony?  The XZ1 and XZ1 Compact have them. Why can't the bigger sibling get them as well?

Does Sony even acknowledge this?  They have the XZP as the largest member of the XZ1 family. So it's like XZP = Z5P, XZ1 =Z5, XZ1 Compact = Z5 Compact.  The Z5 series have exactly the same software hardware..  Why can't the XZP have Display flash and the new Dialer?  Can't they use What's new, Play Store or even OTA? 

Learner
Message 20 of 51
Message 20 of 51

Xperia assist not work

My phone update android 8.0 Oreo, but incoming calls interface is old android interface same and Xperia assist is not show anything. Not different old interface and new interface. Please help me.