account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XZP received Mar & Apr 2019 security patches "on time" - appreciate the timeliness!

Talent
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sony Xperia XZP received Mar & Apr 2019 security patches "on time" - appreciate the timeliness!

Well, last two security updates in region: IN for XZP has been very much "on time" - within mid month, both in March and in April. Current version is: 47.2.A.10.45 as of now, today.

Even if these are just security patches (and I shall check and revert if anything else has changed), it reassures one to know that patch management timing for XZP is improving.

Kudos to Xperia Support Team. Slightly smiling Face

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia XZP received Mar & Apr 2019 security patches "on time" - appreciate th

Yes...  Usualy last week the update arrives for XZ premium while for xz2 series and xz3 in mid month.. 

Now XZ premium got it too this month. Good job... 

Well.... Hope Sony carry on this successful streak for our device and looking forward to next generation of android as well and extended support to our amazing devices..

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia XZP received Mar & Apr 2019 security patches "on time" - appreciate th

but they still got so much bugs.... 

in 10.45   

Bad storage, album reading is very slow Delete photos need to wait.

The SD card's read and write speeds are limited to very low...

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@Avril wrote:

but they still got so much bugs.... 

in 10.45   

Bad storage, album reading is very slow Delete photos need to wait.

The SD card's read and write speeds are limited to very low...

Not seeing much of a issue here... Album app if slow ,clear it's data and cache and reload it.

Can u mention which sd card using? Do a speed test and compare.

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

10.45 installed yesterday.

Same issue and it is an issue! Album loads only like 6 last photos from SD card, delete is forever wait. Camera is not working with SD card storage. And it's only for Sony camera and album app, I tried others and it's working. Clear data and cache for these apps doesn't work. At the same time Music is working with SD card, so apparenly update broke the work with storage of Camera and Album app. Can it be fixed please?!

Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@KM_17 wrote:

10.45 installed yesterday.

Same issue and it is an issue! Album loads only like 6 last photos from SD card, delete is forever wait. Camera is not working with SD card storage. And it's only for Sony camera and album app, I tried others and it's working. Clear data and cache for these apps doesn't work. At the same time Music is working with SD card, so apparenly update broke the work with storage of Camera and Album app. Can it be fixed please?!

Updates has nothing to do with the problems u r having.. album and camera app works for everybody. 

Can u mention which sd card are using. 

Try copying needful data to your pc and format your SD card , restore your data and see if it works... It will work fine. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

After updating to version 10.45, the situation is much better than before, but it still exists...Pensive Face

I have restored the factory settings last night and repaired with PC companion

1    After selecting the album to fix the problem, the situation of loading the photo needs to wait a lot better than before. However, it still takes about 5 seconds to delete the photo. I try to remove the SD card. Select to delete the local photo. No need to wait...:Disappointed_Relieved:

2      After the phone restarts, opening the album still needs to be reloaded...Face with open Mouth

I used the Samsung Class 10 U3 4K EVO+ that I just bought and formatted on PC .
  The reading speed is up to 100mb/s and the writing speed is up to 90mb/s. The test on XZP with speed measurement software has severely limited the performance, and this problem also exists on the XZ2 machine of 9.0...   Loudly crying Face

Can you escalate these questions to the maintenance team?      I really hope that these problems can be solved perfectly.

Anyway thank You for your support and sorry for wasting Your time too much.

Have a nice day! Face with stuck-out Tongue & closed Eyes

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

@Avril wrote:

After updating to version 10.45, the situation is much better than before, but it still exists...Pensive Face

I have restored the factory settings last night and repaired with PC companion

1    After selecting the album to fix the problem, the situation of loading the photo needs to wait a lot better than before. However, it still takes about 5 seconds to delete the photo. I try to remove the SD card. Select to delete the local photo. No need to wait...:Disappointed_Relieved:

2      After the phone restarts, opening the album still needs to be reloaded...Face with open Mouth

I used the Samsung Class 10 U3 4K EVO+ that I just bought and formatted on PC .
  The reading speed is up to 100mb/s and the writing speed is up to 90mb/s. The test on XZP with speed measurement software has severely limited the performance, and this problem also exists on the XZ2 machine of 9.0...   Loudly crying Face

Can you escalate these questions to the maintenance team?      I really hope that these problems can be solved perfectly.

Anyway thank You for your support and sorry for wasting Your time too much.

Have a nice day! Face with stuck-out Tongue & closed Eyes

Do u have any apps that constantly clears app cache automatically? Album once loaded everything, it won't be that slow.. the same behaviour of album is there since it's introduction years ago in all previous devices.  In my phone too album app works as d same way it's doing like before. When u scroll to lot of photos in album it does take a small time to read and load all thumbnails. And when u delete it won't take too long , it just disappear immediately or within 2 or 3 sec , ok maximum 5 sec. If u want, u can try 3rd party gallery apps and see if u r getting lightning speeds in dealing with read and delete..

And no problem always here to help... Guess here we all are getting used to one time posters who posts and disappear like they are kidnapped, questions that get answered decades later, and reply that gets after 1000 years and redigging posts like coming from another dimension. So it's fine... Hope u can find a way to fix this.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

The phone was just fixed with PC conpanion and there none cache issue.

Just eliminated the cache problem. and  i  try to using 3rd party gallery apps ,it still need to waiting...

For this reason, I specifically returned it to versions 7.1 (7.90)and 8.0(16.20), It takes only a moment to delete photos very quickly ,getting lightning speeds in dealing with read and delete.

The phone 's Sony gallery will not reload after the phone is turned on or the computer is turned off and restarted.    

and these problems encountered are gone. none of exists....

I am more and more sure that this is a problem with system write speed and read speed...

Trust me , i m not liying, I live in China. There are still many XZP users who have the same problems as me. causee this is an English forum. For some people, it is very troublesome to put them out... but they are all published on social networks in China.

Anyway , thank you very much for your patience.Folded Hands

I really hope that the Sony mobile team can notice this problem and fix it as soon as possible.Pensive Face

Why is there no one to collect feedback?   

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@Avril wrote:

The phone was just fixed with PC conpanion and there none cache issue.

Just eliminated the cache problem. and  i  try to using 3rd party gallery apps ,it still need to waiting...

For this reason, I specifically returned it to versions 7.1 (7.90)and 8.0(16.20), It takes only a moment to delete photos very quickly ,getting lightning speeds in dealing with read and delete.

The phone 's Sony gallery will not reload after the phone is turned on or the computer is turned off and restarted.    

and these problems encountered are gone. none of exists....

I am more and more sure that this is a problem with system write speed and read speed...

Trust me , i m not liying, I live in China. There are still many XZP users who have the same problems as me. causee this is an English forum. For some people, it is very troublesome to put them out... but they are all published on social networks in China.

Anyway , thank you very much for your patience.Folded Hands

I really hope that the Sony mobile team can notice this problem and fix it as soon as possible.Pensive Face

Why is there no one to collect feedback?   

What can I say?... Look at Sony mobile division... Does it look they are doing very great...ofcorse the parent company is big and rich but they posted some close to 1 billion dollar loss alone from smartphone section... And these pie builds does look like an urgent immediate job so as to make xz premium and XZ1 series up-to-date than any other phones and they did hurriedly removed some features and tried to minimise the costs needed.  So overall we can't expect lot more than they are doing now.. 

For me ofcorse I had some disappointments, but so far my xzp works ok and doing everything I need for now. May b my usage is kind like that. And now with Netflix and Amazon prime not giving 4K content , which means XZ Premium is now a 5.5 inched XZ1 and I call this phone XZ1 ultra!

Can u try another sd card? Ya I know u already using a superior SD card but just for a try. Is album app read and write faster when your photos and videos are in internal memory? Or all your problems are when using external SD card?

Can u also try SD card speed testing app and say the results. So I can compare with mine... 

If Oreo works better, then I think it's best to stick with Oreo.  

Also if u hav time try other regions pie builds.  Anyway posts read and write speed results from a testing app and I will do a test too..