account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium went crazy

Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sony Xperia XZ Premium went crazy

So yesterday I updated my phone to the latest firmware (v. 45.0.A.7.137), everything was fine at first... when I went to bed I set my phone to charge and fell asleep. woke up at 3:45 am and looked at my phone, but it was completely blank, no led light or anything. I grabbed it and pushed the power button, the screen didn't turn on. I unplugged the charger and force restarted the phone. After it restarted I thought everything was ok... but nope. SIM card is not detected despite the fact it is inside the phone and I haven't touched it. Wifi won't turn on. When I plugged the charger in again, the phone went crazy, it froze, then went black, the led lights went crazy too from white to blue to green and then the whole phone just turned off.

Ive restarted the phone several times but it still behaves the same. Please help

9 REPLIES 9
Apprentice
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sony Xperia XZ Premium went crazy

factory reset my phone.. still the same problem. Now I just remember I did wash my phone under the tap, wiped it dry and then plugged it in to charge for the night. Could that have caused the problem? How could I fix this then?

Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

The phone is water proof down to 3 meters or something like that, for up to 30 minutes, I believe? Water shouldn't have been the issue. I work irrigation and only get waterproof rating ip67  phones.

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

1.5M for 30 minutes.... Not 3M lol. 

Sony XZ Premium,Samsung S9 Plus and iPhone X.
MDR-Z1R,ATH-MSR7 and V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

guys.. ok.. its not the water.. there's no water damage. I just thought maybe if I plugged in the charger and the inside of the charging port was wet when I plugged in the usb c cable.. but actually I remember I dried the phone up and it was an hour later or so when I set my phone to charge.. So anyway.. this isn't the issue.. it must be software.. wondering if anyone experienced this before

Highlighted
Genius
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@KingArthur

That doesn't sounds really to be "software". Software can't control behaviours like leds going disco that way while phone is off. That sounds to be an hardware issue or a firmware one (which could be tied to an hardware failure). 

If you are able perform a software repair using Xperia Companion while the phone is off then you can prove me wrong, but I advise you to contact your Local support to have your device inspected.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Ok, so I did a software repair.. problem still persists, the phone doesn't recognise my sim or any other sim and wifi isn't working either. Also, I discovered that IMEI is now "unknown"

Genius
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@KingArthur phone is Water Resistant not Waterproof.......wonder if there was water in the charging port when you plugged it in, causing some sort of internal damage once you hooked the power lead up.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I'm aware of the water resistance of Sony Xperia phones, I had the z2,23,23 compact,  z5 and now the xzp, I've taken all the phones for a swim etc. With no problems. When I mentioned washing my phone this is actually what I had in mind , that the charging port may have been wet when I plugged in the cable,  and may have shorted and damaged the internals. However if I remember correctly it was actually an hour.later after drying that I plugged in the charger.. I would think that it would have been pretty dry by then, also the phone did charge to 100% before I discovered the issue in the middle of the night... Also, I heard that the s8 doesn't charge if the port is wet, it can detect it somehow.. I wonder if that feature is in the xzp as well, cause that would mean that water is not the issue here... Btw everything works fine, phone charges normally and all but it's just the wifi that doesn't work and the phone doesn't detect my SIM card... 

Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

At this point I'd be contacting Local support to get the device evaluated.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.