account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium slow charging

Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sony Xperia XZ Premium slow charging

Over the last few days, my XZ Premium has become extremely slow to charge.

It's plugged into a wall socket.

9 REPLIES 9
Apprentice
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sony Xperia XZ Premium slow charging

It also stops charging of its own accord!

Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

@Mahler1911 wrote:

It also stops charging of its own accord!

Can u mention which charger u r using? There is related threads of other users having charging problems and u can check posts and replies to it. 

Check your phone's charging port. It should be clean of dust and dirt. Try other chargers with atleast 2A charger output. Try charging in safe mode too..

Use always Sony's uch12 charger with ucb20 or ucb30 cable . Using 3rd party Chinese cheap cables makes issues like this.  

Hope your phone works again..

Apprentice
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the Sony Charger and cable.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

My charging problems continue.

A live chat with EE suggested that I back up all data to my laptop and perform a master reset.

I attached the phone to my laptop and got a message "The last USB device you connected has malfunctioned and is not recognised by Windows.

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@Mahler1911 wrote:

My charging problems continue.

A live chat with EE suggested that I back up all data to my laptop and perform a master reset.

I attached the phone to my laptop and got a message "The last USB device you connected has malfunctioned and is not recognised by Windows.

That's usb port issue..bcos of connection problem due to looseness or unable to keep the connection properly.. 

Did u try other ports..? 

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Yes I tried others on my laptop

Highlighted
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Mahler1911 wrote:

Yes I tried others on my laptop

Same error?  Hmm that's weird... Can u try any other usb cable which is firm fit on the usb port.. if same error again.. will need to reinstall it's usb drivers.. reinstall Xperia companion as well..restart windows... Do u have desktop pc..try on it too.. 

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have attached external drives to the same USB ports and they're working perfectly.

Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@Mahler1911 wrote:

I have attached external drives to the same USB ports and they're working perfectly.

It depends... My Z2 usb cable don't work with 2 ports of my laptop but works in desktop... Also pendrive, ext drive works in that 2 ports of laptop.. it's just depends on type cable connector.. 

After full factory reset repair check how its charging.. if still charging problem then it's kind of huge issue..which ends up at service centre ,asking to replace board .. it's messy...