account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium Setup Problem NO wifi & Padlock Icon Top Left ????

Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Sony Xperia XZ Premium Setup Problem NO wifi & Padlock Icon Top Left ????

DSC_0024.JPGPadlock Icon????DSC_0025.JPGPadlock Icon???

2 Things I cannot continue the setup of the phone because it says looking for wireless but NEVER finds any. Also I cannot find ANY information about what the padlock icon means.. I have tried everything to finish but nothing works any ideas?????

11 REPLIES 11
Genius
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sony Xperia XZ Premium Setup Problem NO wifi & Padlock Icon Top Left ????

@KaliforniZ is this a brand new/out the box phone or used. If used perhaps it is from a previously installed 3rd party app like LockMenu....have you tried swiping down & tapping it to see what opens Thinking Face

Learner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I purchase it from a site that sells returns. They are usually just damage box returns. This one stumps me. I did try every type of swipe. Would these 3rd party apps make the disable the wireless?

Demigod
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

You can disable wifi on Android, but it will have to be rooted first or using custom ROMs. In both cases, a factory reset won't do any good. Can you check if this is the case? You might need to do a recovery via Xperia Companion on the PC, or Flashtool.

Learner
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I did a recovery with PC companion but still locked. I even tried flashtool. Locked...

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Go to the Xperia Companion and select the Software Repair option. Follow the instructions so you can reinstall the ROM and format everything the phone already has in it. Since it is an used phone, the seller probably didn't format it as it should.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Thats what I did 3 times and still has lock icon and still the same. I do really appreciate everyones help. This is soooo frustating...

One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I have the same??  Was this resolved?? 

One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I have the exact same issue with my Xperia X Compact running Android 8. The phone was factory reset and now it has the padlock icon on the top left and won't connect to the internet to complete setup. I'd love to know if the previous posters found a solution because my phone is useless right now!

Pu2
Visitor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

SAME error here on a new xz1. Phone previosly stopped recognising sim card. Still can´t. Any solutions? anyone??