account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium - Blinking Screen

Learner
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Sony Xperia XZ Premium - Blinking Screen

I thought I was the only 1! I'm onto my second xz premium and it's doing the flickering screen. It's hard to tell at what point it starts doing it though. I noticed it on WhatsApp when it was changing from light green to dark green etc. I tried numerous factory resets and even the Sony PC companion software repair. I thought it was my glass screen protector but have since removed it. Yes you can change the brightness and it stops, for a while but you need to restart the phone completely. I've had 2 big software updates since I've had this replacement device but it's still doing it.

Btw, this is the only downside to this handset

Learner
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

I have the same issue on my XZ Premium. Changing the brightness helps in my case but the flickering or blinking comes back after awhile.

One time poster
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

my screen also blinking sometimes when i use my phone too much or in the morning time only it stopped automatic after sometime is it a problem with the device?

Learner
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

When I removed the case from the phone, it stopped flashing

Adviser
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

I have the same problem, I always restart my premium and it's fine, Sony must fix this immediately cause it may damage the screen.

Need to say that it happens fewer In latest update

Learner
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

When I removed the case from the phone, it stopped flashing

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

Same with me .  The screen flickers but then after like 10 seconds or so it goes away. I think it is a bug

One time poster
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

I experienced the same problem.  The monitor flickering once in a while.  It usually happens in under bright environment.  I thought it was caused by adaptive brightness,  so I dissabled it,  but there is no improvement.  Sometime I restart the phone and it goes away. 

Inhabitant
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Same here big bug on sony xperia xz premium

Rookie
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Me too. My xzp screen sometimes blinks (brightness go lighter - darker - lighter....) although i disable adaptibe brightness , so it makes me very uncomfortable. I change brightness manual to solve this, but sometimes it effects, sometimes nothing change. I don't know why this happened