account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Software update

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Software update

I received 2 emails from the software update saying that my phone has new updates available but my phone won't find any of those updates in the software update settings, is this a carrier related problem or something else? #Sony Xperia XZ Premium

TD
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Re: Software update

Hi @N0MAD, Let me see if I can give you some information here. 

First of all, you are receiving this Emails because of you have registered your device/devices on our website with the device IMEI. 

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

You will get an notification in your device when the update is available to download. 

Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

@N0MAD wrote:

I received 2 emails from the software update saying that my phone has new updates available but my phone won't find any of those updates in the software update settings, is this a carrier related problem or something else? #Sony Xperia XZ Premium

That's weird.. if u get emails which means it's available for your region. If it's carrier locked then it depends on the carrier to release the update..may b u will get it soon. Check for updates manually too.. 

Btw which region u r living?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

First of all, you are receiving this Emails because of you have registered your device/devices on our website with the device IMEI. 

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

You will get an notification in your device when the update is available to download. 

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Regular
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

I have tried to update manually but no results. I'm living in Romania

TD
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

@N0MAD 

Well, let's hope that you will recieve the update very soon! 

Just look out for the notification in the phone. Slightly smiling Face

Regular
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

I hope too, because am 2 updates behind. Anyways thank You for replying this quick.

TD
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

@N0MAD

No problem, and again. If you have any questions related to this or anything other. Don't hesitate to write to me here. Slightly smiling Face 

Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

@N0MAD wrote:

I hope too, because am 2 updates behind. Anyways thank You for replying this quick.

Yes yours is currently 47.2.A.8.24  which is shown for Vodafone operator in Romania.  Hope u will have the update soon..

Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

@Daniel wrote:

I didn't know the emails are straight forward mails regardless of region. Because during my Xperia Z2 days the update mails I received differed from the mail my friend in UK and we are notified of different versions at different time. It specifically said the versions we received . Same thing for previous devices. It appeared the newsletter we received too depended on region. 

So I was guessing either this XZ premium is unlocked device came from another European region which has latest available update.  

Anyway... If it's Romanian device then as per the region available update will be provided..

Regular
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

But my device is from Germany, anyway i look forward for the update.

TD