account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Smart lock face unlock doesnt unlock device

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Smart lock face unlock doesnt unlock device

The smart unlock feature has many options but i would like to use the face unlock feature. But unfortunately it doesnt work. It says stare at screen and it will unlock it but i tried staring at the screen for several minutes but it doesnt unlock.  I tried adding my face in different conditions but still does not work i dont know why. Plz fix this option because it would be great to use.  Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart lock face unlock doesnt unlock device

You might have a peculiar face? 🤔

Adviser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

No i have a Normal face and as i said i tried using it im dofferent conditions and added my face multiple time and did it a few times so that recognition could improve but still

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

it isn't supposed to automatically unlock the phone, it'll only disable PIN/pattern/fingerprint lockscreen protection so that you can simply swipe on the lockscreen without having to use any of those. when the phone doesn't recognize your face, it will require pattern lock or fingerprint to unlock it.
Regular
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

When we have to press a button to wake up screen then there is finger print to unlock and its take me to screen where left befor lock but face recognition is required another touch or swipe to go home screen then what is the value of using face

I mean once the face is recognised it's should go to home screen or where we left before lock 

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Mohgh32 as I've said above, Smart Lock isn't supposed to unlock your phone automatically, it only temporarily disables lockscreen protection (requiring password/fingerprint to unlock). it's a feature designed by Google and Sony has no control over the way it works. 

Commissioner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Supposedly you can use an app called Tasker and another app; to implement the rest of the actions to user your face to unlock the screen without swiping up to open the device.

Needs AutoInput to wake the display. This works best with Face Unlock and Auto Keyguard Dismissal from AutoInput. You may also want to enable proximity to Always in Tasker (but not keep awake) so it can detect pocket/bag carrying.

Profile: AccellerWake (282)
State: Orientation [ Is:Standing Up ]
State: Not Proximity Sensor
Enter: WakeForSL (283)
A1: AutoInput Screen Off/On [ Configuration:Screen Off Or On: Turn On Timeout (Seconds):60 Continue Task After ErrorFace with open Mouthn ]

And best of all, no root needed! Works perfectly on my Xperia XZP 8.0.

https://plus.google.com/b/105857669237520373809/+IanGrodyRules/posts/5YGPPLKvzgb?fscid=z132fjopavfcg...